Razer and their Rep

BCreation

Can someone explain whats going on with Razer? Everyone always says that Razer products are a waste and they suck. Others say they love them and can't buy any other company. Have of the world seems to hate them and the other half seem to like them.

Can't really say for them, but personally I don't use their products because my Razer Deathadder broke in ~7 months and my Steelseries Sensei has been working for over a year without any problems. My Deathadder was NEVER EVER dropped and always taken cared of (no rage thumping mouse on mousepad etc)

I love them but I'm also using products from other companies...I'm using a Razer Balack Widow 2013 Edition as a keyboard (used to use the keyboard that came with my PC....OMG :P ) and I'm using a Logitech MX Revolution as a mouse (used to use a Logitech G7 but it died recently :( )...So either I'm a big exception or I'm an example that there are people that like Razers products (which are in case of my keyboard just AWSOME!!!) but also use other companies products....

And my keyboard wasn't even a waste of money it actually was the cheapest mechanical keyboard with blue switches I was able to find....

Razer is a mixed bag for me, their mouses have been some of the best that I have ever tried, that said their keyboards.. I have a Lycosa and I have had to open it up 3-4 times so far to make it work, since the media keys kept bugging it up and just spamming pause or play on things etc. also really bad key rollover, not being able to hold W and Shift in a game while holding Caps to talk on Mumble started to drive me insane after a while. So now I have a Ducky Shine 2 on the way!

My Mamba broke 5 months from purchase date. So I am not happy with my mamba. But I went back to my old deathadder which is and has always been a tank. Before that I had a g9(Still works) but the deathadder is a better fit for my hand.

To me their mice are relatively good, whereas I don't really know about a keyboard. Atleast not personally. I have two friends, where one had an arctosa and the other had a lycosa. As far as I've been told they both had severe problems with them. Now I just have to say that both don't seem too good on their equipment.

I think razers problem is that they are so big. And the bigger the firm the more cases of bad reviews as most people don't review items they are happy with. Sorry for any wierd grammar. Written from my phone.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

The thing I like about Razer is their fast customer support... Their products, not so much.

I'm O.K. with Razer. I have the Blackwidow 2013 for my keyboard and DeathAdder 2013 for my mouse, which both work well and look good. I had Razer Copperhead, which lasted 3-4 years. Never had to deal with customer support though.

All of the hate is

They make cheap products and sell them to people who honestly do not know much better

They just like the flashy lights

They are overpriced and you could get better out of any other company that sells their products for 30% cheaper

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Personally, I just find Razer very dislikeable in how they market themselves and find it infuriating that people seem to fall for it.

As for their products, the majority of their mice are flawed in so far as the sensor they use if nothing else. Exceptions are the Deathadder and their new Krait 2013. Their newer keyboards don't seem to get as many complaints, but the blue-lit Blackwidows were riddled with potential problems, typically caused by it being of poor quality. Buying one was a lottery and sometimes you got a perfect one and sometimes you got a keyboard from hell.

Razer is a mixed bag for me' date=' their mouses have been some of the best that I have ever tried, that said their keyboards..[/quote']

I've had the same experience with Razer. I've owned three of their products: the DeathAdder, Naga, and BlackWidow. Regarding the DeathAdder - best mouse I've ever used. For over 3 years, that mouse held up with no problems. Excellent design, and I have yet to find a mouse that "feels" better. I just recently (3 months ago) replaced it with a new SteelSeries Sensei after the DA started double clicking (no worries though, $40 and it served me really well). Same thing to the Naga, only it still works as I don't use it as much.

The BlackWidow though... I had so many problems with it. 4 months in I started having firmware problems (in which the firmware constantly corrupted) and the keyboard would just turn off randomly (only fixed by a replug). Unfortunately, everytime the keyboard is replugged, you have to restart it's Synapse drivers (which took about 1-2 minutes). In a high stress game where time matters (i.e competitive FPS, competitive RTS or MOBA), it sucks. It got really bad, and it would shut off every ~30 minutes. After dealing with their customer support (which was actually an okay experience. Not as good as other companies like Corsair, but still good) I eventually got another one. DOA. Maybe just terrible luck.

The Razer DeathAdder 2013 is essentially the previous DA, which uses the 3888 sensor, the 2013 uses the 3988. While the sensor has improved, the new sensor is essentially the 3090 sensor with more DPI and new SROM. In the UK the price of the new DA, £64, the old one, £50, which is still overpriced, but is just as good.

Build quality is something they have suffered with in the past, it is just now they are improving things.

I have a Razor CopperHead, its a great mouse but! First off it has to be plugged in to the same USB port always, I have tried to upgrade the driver and when I attempt this its a nightmare and I'm still at the initial version because it always fails. I have followed all their steps as there are lengthy posts on there site on it and still no way will it update. If my computer BlueScreens for any reason, its a roll of the dice if the mouse will actually come online after that, requires it to be unplugged and then plugged back in, trial and error, I first thought it was dead the first time it happened. Most of the time its great and works nicely but if you have an issue its a nightmare! Like when I moved my computer and forgot which port it was on, ugh. I've kept a generic Microsoft mouse near by for those troubling days.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

quantity > quality

I've had two Razer mice, both have just stopped working all together after only a few months. A Friends Razer mouse just started falling apart on him.

Never gone back.

As Davey said though;

Build quality is something they have suffered with in the past' date=' it is just now they are improving things. [/quote']

• Sabertooth Z77
  • Intel i7 3770k
  • EVGA FTW GTX 670
  • 16 GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
  • 1TB WD Black HDD
  • 250gb Intel 520 Series SSD
  • Corsair AX750 PSU

Their mouses are great. I have had the razer deathadder for about 1 year and it has been great so far. I can't really speak for their other products though.

I think Razer tries to be too innovative. They dish out peripheral after peripheral that claim to be specially designed for our needs. IMO they're pretty much going for quantity > quality. Roccat or Steelseries for instance, have developed a "signature" item (sensei respectively kone) and have tweaked them over the times and adressed issues voiced by the community. That'd be my take on Razer. I'm not a hater, just made my own opinion since I owned a Deathadder 1800 DPI, Imperator, Deathadder 3500 DPI, Naga, Nostromo and a Blackwidow Ultimate 2012. I'm done.

I have a G500. I went out and bought a Deathadder 2 weeks ago actually because I thought I would like the shape better. I played 2 games of BF3 and knew it wasn't for me. The fit and finish of the DeathAdder is so subpar when compared to the G500. The side mouse buttons on the DeathAdder were very "squishy". The over travel after actuation was absurd. Also the software requires you to log into their "cloud" server to actually make any changes or set up any profiles, which I think is kind of stupid.

TL:DR; I owned both G500 and Deathadder , and the G500 won by a long shot.

I've only owned 2 pieces of Razer stuff. Deathadder that started to double click after a few months of use and a Lycosa that i never use.

I just got a Naga Hex from NCIX for like half price. It's ok, but it feels cheap, and it doesn't read very well on some surfaces. This is com paired to my Steelseries Xai

To me Razer really tries to profit off of uninformed gamers

It seems like they load it up with LED's and glossy black plastic in order to appeal to the gaming crowd but don't really back it up with quality

I've heard numerous horror stories of failing mice and keyboards, even when they cost outrageous prices, and something better is available for the same or even less cost

I've also heard their mechanical boards use modified switches, which I wouldn't trust. They aren't true Cherry MX Blues, but are shorter and modifified

Sure, they've got fancy features like custom backlighting and macro keys, but honestly, it doesn't excuse outrageous prices and bad quality

Stick to basics

Get a solid mechanical board where the switches are official and plate mounted, and a solid mouse (Logitech MX518 anyone? G400?)

My Lycosa died after few months of use (the touch pad in the upper right corner stopped working). The glossy plastic was awful (very scratchy and a real dust magnet), the keys were mushy and it was way too expensive (€80,-)

Like douchecanoe said, they really try to attract (often oblivious) gamingcrowd with shiny and good looking products. The only good stories I've heard about Razer are about the Deathadder mouse because of its flawless sensor (I thought..)

Indeed, you're better of with a G400 and a Majestouch. (although that's more expensive still)

Their laptop (razorblade was it called?) is also very overpriced. I mean it has a GTS650M or something, like that isn't even a proper card for a gaming laptop.

Edit: Oh it has a GTX660M, but even then it's still overpriced.

A Razer mouse, keyboard, and full mouse mat VS a CM Storm mouse, keyboard and mouse pad. Which one?

Any mouse other than Deathadder and CM Storm wins easily. Now that CM Storm have the Recon, they probably still win even with a Deathadder in the running.

They have some good products. Some products like the Naga and the Blackwiddow are great, while other products like the Lycosa is shit.

I'm somewhat of a Razer fanboy just because they were the first 'gaming grade' peripherals I ever owned, and since I've been happy with basically ever product I got from them, I knew I could trust their technology and quality. I've purchased several keyboards, mice, mousepads, cord holders, and even their old 2.1 THX speakers, and I only needed to send in a product for RMA once.

4930k @ 4.0 GHz - Rampage IV Black - 16GB Dominator Platnium 1600 Cas 8 - 2x 780TI Classified SLI - 640 GT - Xonar Pheobus - 2x 128GB 840 Pro RAID 0 - 250GB 840 EVO - Live Gamer HD - AX1200i - COSMOS II - H100i - 4x SP120 - 4x AF120 - AF140 - 3x U3014 - Blackwidow Ultimate - Naga - Mouse Bungee - Manticor - 2x Sabertooth - Atrox - T500RS - TH8RS - Tiamat 7.1 - SP2500 - c920 - Smart-UPS SMT1500