Windows 10 Broke my computer?

Alex Branham

So I upgraded to Windows 10 two days ago, loved it on both my laptop and Desktop. But today when I turn my Desktop on, I get a error "Unaccessable_Boot_Drive" and the computer restarts. I have done everything I can think of. Used the disc to run Automatic Repair, tried to Restore but no Restore points was found. Tried a whole new Install of windows, but all I have is the disc and not my serial code so can't move past that point either. I am at a total lost for what to do. Short of buying a whole new Windows disc and reinstalling that way idk what to do. However, I'm broke and can't afford new windows disc. So is my PC just shoot or what?

post-113086-0-95833300-1438652740.png

If anyone know a fix for this please let me know, I work from home on my Desktop so without it I am unable to make money to pay bills and ect...

ok ive gotten that error before

thats when i tried to change the hard drive controller mode from IDE to AHCI

did you change somethign like that in your bios?

You don't have to input the key when it asks you to. There should be a button to skip that step in the lower corner of the screen, then you can input a key into the settings app later on.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

also try running safe mode

that fixes the problem on some computers

So I upgraded to Windows 10 two days ago, loved it on both my laptop and Desktop. But today when I turn my Desktop on, I get a error "Unaccessable_Boot_Drive" and the computer restarts. I have done everything I can think of. Used the disc to run Automatic Repair, tried to Restore but no Restore points was found. Tried a whole new Install of windows, but all I have is the disc and not my serial code so can't move past that point either. I am at a total lost for what to do. Short of buying a whole new Windows disc and reinstalling that way idk what to do. However, I'm broke and can't afford new windows disc. So is my PC just shoot or what?

Sounds lie your boot files got corrupted see if you can run the windows startup repair if not you might need to reinstall it again. You don't need a CD theses days just make a bootable USB with the windows 10 ISO on it.

You see that?-

88c301a95f62a34be6dba1a297aec687.png

You probably having some sort of storage device issues

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

you should be able to skip the code part, windows will allow you to enter it at a different time. at least it did for mine for windows 7 and 8.1.

CPU: Core i7 4790k - CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - GPU: Asus GTX 980Ti - Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming - Ram: 20GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Storage: ADATA 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD & WD 1TB HDD 7200RPM - PSU: NZXT Hale90 V2 1000W Gold+ - Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo Black Exterior/White Interior - Display: Samsung 29" Curved Ultra Wide - Keyboard & Mouse: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate & Roccat Tyon - Sound: Razer Kraken USB Headphones, Blue Yeti, Logitech z313 Speakers

What is your boot device, and is your system in UEFI mode or BIOS mode? See if you can get the hard drive into another computer and analyse the partitions using Disk Management. Here's what mine look like:

hUvoo8t.png

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

also try running safe mode

that fixes the problem on some computers

Windows 8 and above do not have an easily accessible safe mode, and the majority of the time they just load up system files from various partitions (see my prev. post) then boot into Windows normally. To get into safe mode he has to get to the login screen first.

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Window did allow me to enter the key at a different time the 1st time I used the disk for some reason it won't now.

Windows 8 and above do not have an easily accessible safe mode, and the majority of the time they just load up system files from various partitions (see my prev. post) then boot into Windows normally. To get into safe mode he has to get to the login screen first.

smashing f7 (or f8) worked for me 

im was running windows 10 build 9926

smashing f7 (or f8) worked for me 

im was running windows 10 build 9926

You're lucky :o my system completely ignores those and I have to do it through the power button menu (hold shift + restart). I take it you are running in BIOS mode?

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

You're lucky :o my system completely ignores those and I have to do it through the power button menu (hold shift + restart). I take it you are running in BIOS mode?

i think so

dont think p7p55d-e supports uefi

It happend to Linus as well :/

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

How many partitions did you have?

What is your boot device, and is your system in UEFI mode or BIOS mode? See if you can get the hard drive into another computer and analyse the partitions using Disk Management. Here's what mine look like:

hUvoo8t.png

your on uefi so :)

but for those if you have 4 primary partitions on a MBR system, and you upgraded to 10, you pretty much were fucked.

It happend to Linus as well :/

Oh that is so unfortunate :o

your on uefi so smile.png

but for those if you have 4 primary partitions on a MBR system, and you upgraded to 10, you pretty much were fucked.

R.I.P. Windows, Hello Linux Recovery CD

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame