Dual Boot Permission Errors... wtf?

kellex

I'm not really sure what else to do... I tried changing ownership, gave permission, re-downloaded the file and renamed the file from both windows 7 and windows 8.  It works fine on windows 7 but on windows 8 i cannot edit or launch the .exe file.

This is a personal computer, both windows 7 and 8 only have administrator accounts.  This screen shot pretty much shows what i'm stuck with:

9FEezA1.jpg

My thread got bumped down real quick... would really appreciate any suggestions.

What is the file you are trying to open? What disk is it stored on (in relation to the OS disks, and data disks)? How did you set up the dual boot (Did you instal 7 first, then 8)?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

It's a mod for a game.  I had it in my game drive but i also re-downloaded the file several times and nada.  I had windows 8 first then installed windows 7.

It's a mod for a game.  I had it in my game drive but i also re-downloaded the file several times and nada.  I had windows 8 first then installed windows 7.

That, could be your problem. When dual-booting, you never install the old OS after the new one...  Installing in the reverse order, or, with them on the same partition, can cause a lot of issues, including stuff like this. 

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Ya, it wasn't ideal but it just sort of happened over time.  I upgraded to windows 8 but still needed windows 7 but I had had this set-up for over 6 months and this is the first issue i'm having.  Every other file from my 4 other drives, games, media etc has been shared between both OS's seamlessly for months.  It's just this one stupid file, lol. 

Yeah, that is Windows for you.