SSD or more RAM?

Hi, when I boot up GTA and load into the game then start to drive at high speeds I experience stuttering which makes the gameplay very irritating. I have put this down to my PC being unable to load the textures in time resulting in the frame drops and stuttering. I can only guess this is because I do not have an SSD or becuase I have only 8GB of RAM and therefore about only 60% will be available when the game specs require 8 GB.

If you have any experience or ideas then please help, thanks.

Edit: I have a R9 295X2 so that is not the issue and a 4690K. Thanks for everyone's help!

Hi, when I boot up GTA and load into the game then start to drive at high speeds I experience stuttering which makes the gameplay very irritating. I have put this down to my PC being unable to load the textures in time resulting in the frame drops and stuttering. I can only guess this is because I do not have an SSD or becuase I have only 8GB of RAM and therefore about only 60% will be available when the game specs require 8 GB.

What GPU do you have?

PC Part Picker: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/hZCypg  ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700k ; MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5RAMCorsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2400 MHz (spray painted the top part red); GPUGTX 1070 - Gigabyte Variant (Custom painted the Cooler and Fans Red); Case: NZXT S340 (Red); PSUCX 750W  (Bronze 80+); SSD: Crucial 256GB (Boot drive and for applications) and Sandisk 480GB Extreme pro SSD and a Samsung T3 1TB External USB-C SSDHDDWD Blue 1TB, Seagate 3TB (Both Run at 7200RPM); Displays: Asus something (1080p @ 144hz) and LG 27UD68-W 4K 60Hz IPSLaptop: Dell XPS 15 9550 (i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD, GTX 960M)

SSD the RAM is fine unless it is broken.

SSD

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

SSD is the best way to improve performance overall, even on relatively old computers.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

SSD 100%

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

I would go for the ssd. You have enough ram to game.

Like everyone else says. Go with the SSD.

It's not a race to the bottom.