moderate OC?

what would you consider to be a "moderate" over clock? i was thinking anything above .5Ghz would be considered beyond like moderate. like if you upped a 4690k from 3.5Ghz to 4Ghz. then the like extreme would be pushing past 1+ Ghz higher then the rated stock speed. 

200-300 mhz. 400-600 above and i guess 600-1000 hardcore and anything above that is extreme...idk

If you have a decent cooler you could do it but honest to be that cpu is good and there's no point in doing more than that

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

It all boils down to what kind of cooling setup you have but 0.5ghz is barely trying.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Average overclock: 4GHz - 4.1GHz

Moderate overclock: 4.2GHz - 4.4GHz

High overclock: 4.5GHz - 5GHz

World record: 5.5GHz - 20GHz

That processor is pretty strong and decent already factory out the box, I got the same one yet to overclock it because it already has enough power.

But I'd have to agree with both members posted above , but most of all nanowatt pretty much nailed it on the head with his guess.

20ghz? LOL.

Highest overclock that has been achieved is with an 8350 at 8.794 GHz.

20ghz? LOL.

Highest overclock that has been achieved is with an 8350 at 8.794 GHz.

I dream one day that Intel will take a shower with that 20GHz overclock CPU. 

so i guess my 4.8Ghz on my 4690k is above high then????? lol its happy as can be at that setting and id love to see if i can push 5Ghz on it. 

so i guess my 4.8Ghz on my 4690k is above high then????? lol its happy as can be at that setting and id love to see if i can push 5Ghz on it. 

HA! You would be Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely lucky if you even get 4.8GHz on a 4690k I would expect around 4.2GHz to 4.3GHz on average for most chips.

Well, i think you are around " High" area, but it would be astonishing if you can get it to 5GHz on custom loop.

AMD is currently the winner for highest clocked CPUs, all top 3 records have been done with AMD CPUs. 

Lol.

I consider slightly past the boost clock a low overclock. Mine feels like a moderate. I could go for more, but I really don't feel like I need it at the expense of longevity. Considering what I did with my 2500k.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

HA! You would be Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely lucky if you even get 4.8GHz on a 4690k I would expect around 4.2GHz to 4.3GHz on average for most chips.

already have 4.8 and chip seems perfectly happy. has passed all but a 12 hour stress test and the only reason its not passed a 12 is because id rather not take this pc off line for a day to test and not have anything to do. im guessing i really got lucky on the silicon lottery 

already have 4.8 and chip seems perfectly happy. has passed all but a 12 hour stress test and the only reason its not passed a 12 is because id rather not take this pc off line for a day to test and not have anything to do. im guessing i really got lucky on the silicon lottery 

3021307-inline-fb-thumbsup-printpackagin

Noice, seems like you won the lottery!