Twitch and Youtube - need advice

don_svetlio

Guys, question - since I don't have a 2nd monitor would it work to use the lappy to monitor chat?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Use OBS Multiplatform, you can stream at one Kbps and Record at a different, higher Kbps but you are limited to x264.  It also supports up to 4 audio tracks

Dude thanks a bunch! I didn't know that existed.

Guys, question - since I don't have a 2nd monitor would it work to use the lappy to monitor chat?

Yeah and there is a plugin for obs that you can remotely control some stuff on it from a browser on a other pc.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

Yeah and there is a plugin for obs that you can remotely control some stuff on it from a browser on a other pc.

Wait really? That's great. I was worried about leaking any info off things I've left running. That'd be great.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Wait really? That's great. I was worried about leaking any info off things I've left running. That'd be great.

http://www.obsremote.com/

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

That's extremely nifty. Thanks man :)

Alternatives to Vegas?

I think adobe premier

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The first software of the all.

lol i use movie maker

its only good for some basic text and putting videos together xD

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think adobe premier

Almost costs the same as vegas.

Spoiler

Almost costs the same as vegas.

Well when you're dealing with video editing programs you can't really help it.

If you're doing RAW and you only have one clip you want to upload, you could throw the video into Handbrake to compress it, then upload it to YouTube and then use YouTube's video editor to cut the video down to where you want it. 

with you  internet speed you could do 1080p @60.

and reason you wen with 720@30?

There's honestly little point currently in 1080p and beyond for streaming. Since it's being processed so much on the way.

720p at 60fps (you can get away with 30) is the way to go.

Do not stream 1080p60 even if your computer and internet can handle 3500Kbps.  The compression artifacts are unreal on anything that isn't Hearthstone/2D games

Dude thanks a bunch! I didn't know that existed.

OBS is being phased out completely and replaced with OBS-MP once features are at parity with OBS.  Currently it is missing Hardware encoder support(QuickSync, NVENC,AMD VCE).  Hardware encoders look like balls for streaming anyways

Do not stream 1080p60 even if your computer and internet can handle 3500Kbps.  The compression artifacts are unreal on anything that isn't Hearthstone/2D games

OBS is being phased out completely and replaced with OBS-MP once features are at parity with OBS.  Currently it is missing Hardware encoder support(QuickSync, NVENC,AMD VCE).  Hardware encoders look like balls for streaming anyways

You, dear sir, seem like a very knowledgeable person. Could you kindly elaborate?

1) shouldn't cranking up the bitrate take care of the artifacts?

2) why do hardware encoders look like balls?

Thanks!

Edit: I wish that the CoC allowed for "test" streams.

Okay, so, If I were to go to twitch I'd need OBS and the lappy. If go to Youtube I'd need OBS and Windows Movie Maker. Do i understand it correctly?

Okay, so, If I were to go to twitch I'd need OBS and the lappy. If go to Youtube I'd need OBS and Windows Movie Maker. Do i understand it correctly?

If you are recording there's quite a few options but OBS is free.

You, dear sir, seem like a very knowledgeable person. Could you kindly elaborate?

1) shouldn't cranking up the bitrate take care of the artifacts?

2) why do hardware encoders look like balls?

Thanks!

Edit: I wish that the CoC allowed for "test" streams.

1. Cranking the bitrate works perfectly for recording, but Twitch has a maximum injest of 3500Kbps.  I'll show you what1080p60 looks like below.

2. Hardware encoders are great for recording because you can throw a lot of bitrate at them and not lose performance.  Hardware does not handle low birates very well.

This VOD is 1080p60 3500Kbps Veryfast, uses around 25% CPU on a 4790K, you can improve quality a smidgen more by going to Faster or Fast but your CPU usage will spike hard

This VOD is 1080p60 3500Kbps QuickSync, absolute trash but it does well at lowering CPU usage, only 2%

This VOD is 640p45 3500Kbps Medium and has around the same CPU usage as 1080p60 Veryfast

This VOD is the same settings but on PlanetSide 2, nearly flawless encode.  Add some overlays and webcam and you have yourself a pretty looking stream

Downscaling your stream resolution and slowing down your CPU preset has a drastic impact on quality, some games can't even encode well at 720p.  You need to find a balance between Quality and CPU usage. If you downscale too much it will show but if you have limited bandwidth downscaling can be the difference between a pile of shit and something watchable

On a 1080p monitor, the default Twitch video player size is 1280x720.  Any stream resolution above that will be downscaled, any resolution below will be upscaled.  a 1080p stream uses around 10% CPU to just watch on a 4790k but you need to remember that most of your viewers have potatoes.  That 1080p stream uses close to 30%+

hmm btw isnt it possible to use the H264 encoder thats on the GPUs? without any fps drop,

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I literally only cranked bitrate down and fps to 45, and my stream looks a gazillion times better - at least for now (link in profile I guess, but not looking for followers).

Thanks a lot man!

I literally only cranked bitrate down and fps to 45, and my stream looks a gazillion times better - at least for now (link in profile I guess, but not looking for followers).

Thanks a lot man!

No problem!

Lowering your FPS provides more bitrate for the encoder to work with per frame, its measured in bits per pixel.  30fps will give you more bits per pixel thus better fidelity but it isn't as good to watch because it isn't as smooth as 60.  45fps is kind of a happy medium between smooth and quality. 

If you change your CPU preset from Very Fast to say, Fast you will get more out of whatever bitrate you have set because it makes the encoder "smarter" at motion esitmation BUT it uses more CPU.  Only change your CPU Preset if you can afford to use more CPU, there is also diminishing returns the higher you go.

I see you have a Core2Duo, I wouldn't touch the preset lol