We need to talk TPP, NOW

SIGSEGV

Tl;dr: TPP is corporations-take-over-the-world level bad and needs to be stopped

The TPP is a secretive trade agreement that we only really know about through leaks. Here's a short bullet point summary:

• It will lead to ISPs being responsible for blocking copyrighted content (basically allowing them to block ANYTHING as long as they can find some way that it violates some sort of copyright)
  • It will treat using region locked content in another country as a copyright violation
  • Dangerous terms on 'trade secrets' which could cause whistleblowers to be legally prosecuted
  • Heavy restrictions on 'fair use'
  • Private healthcare will be given priority over public healthcare

Oh, and that's just the stuff we know about, because it's being done in secret.
https://www.eff.org/issues/tpp

This site helps break it down:

http://economixcomix.com/home/tpp/

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I don't get it... though it sounds scary  :wacko:  :unsure:

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

And you find this surprising why? It's not anything new or amazing.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

And you find this surprising why? It's not anything new or amazing.

Did I say it was surprising? It's not, we just have to stop it. Yes I realise that they'll just try again and again, but we'll just stop them again and again

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

this site breaks down the TPP situation in an easy to understand manner

http://economixcomix.com/home/tpp/

you've gotta be suspicious of a deal that Both the POTUS and Republicans can get behind.... and this is the same party that has filibustered this government to a standstill over 300 times breaking records. if these 2 sides can hold hands and stroke eachothers cocks over this its gotta be bad.

Did I say it was surprising? It's not, we just have to stop it. Yes I realise that they'll just try again and again, but we'll just stop them again and again

LOL  :lol:

Sadly no, it's not possible to stop it or even influence it in any meaningful way from all the way down here. The flow of money is what is important and how close one is to it. You're looking at reflections, misdirections and the after images left by icebergs long passed by.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.