Weird Fallout NV frame rate degradation

ben 9902

So I have this issue with New Vegas where my FPS will just drop down to around the 30's and into the twenties. This only happens after around 15-30 mins of gameplay, when I start up I my fps is around the 80-90 mark at the Hoover Dam area but then drops below 30 after a while.

My NV setup is quite heavily modded however the only texture packs I have are the Ojo Bueno ones and the Weapon Retexture Project.

My relevant PC specs are;

i5 3570k @3.4GHz

MSI GTX 970

If you need anymore details feel free to let me know.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort, I appreciate it :)

PCB can improve performance.

What's that??

PCB can improve performance.

It does, I use this a lot.

edit:

to Purge Cell Buffers (PCB) hit the console: ~ key, then type 'PCB' and hit enter.  Hit the ~ key again to close the console, then test performance.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

What's that??

Purge cell buffers. Type PCB into console. It flushes all of the buffers for faster load times, which in turn can degrade performance in some cases.

It does, I use this a lot.

edit:

to Purge Cell Buffers (PCB) hit the console: ~ key, then type 'PCB' and hit enter. Hit the ~ key again to close the console, then test performance.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50363/

Will this work? I'm using a controller so I'll have to switch between M&K controls every like 15 mins which will get irritating :)

So I have this issue with New Vegas where my FPS will just drop down to around the 30's and into the twenties. This only happens after around 15-30 mins of gameplay, when I start up I my fps is around the 80-90 mark at the Hoover Dam area but then drops below 30 after a while.

My NV setup is quite heavily modded however the only texture packs I have are the Ojo Bueno ones and the Weapon Retexture Project.

My relevant PC specs are;

i5 3570k @3.4GHz

MSI GTX 970

If you need anymore details feel free to let me know.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort, I appreciate it :)

How about your temps? And the problem is always on the same place in the game? or after that time anywhere in the game?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50363/

Will this work? I'm using a controller so I'll have to switch between M&K controls every like 15 mins which will get irritating :)

Never used that one myself, can't really comment on it.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

How about your temps? And the problem is always on the same place in the game? or after that time anywhere in the game?

Temps are fine, below 55°c

It happens no matter where I am in game, I was just giving an example.

Also my gpu usage is only around 50% is this the culprit?

Never used that one myself, can't really comment on it.

I'll try it and report back :)

I'll try it and report back :)

lettme know, while im not having any major issues load times do slow down for me. so im sure this will assist.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit