Intel 750 vs Samsung-SM951 NVMe PCIe-M2

danielhowk

intel 750 vs samsung SM951 nvme pci-e

which is btter ? they both are about the same price. thanks

750's faster but less space.

@danielhowk please follow your posts for notifications on replies?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

750's faster but less space.

@danielhowk please follow your posts for notifications on replies?

sry im new to this forums how do i follow my own post ? 

and i thought some say samsung 951 is alot faster if i get to cool it down with a fan 

got the comparison from Samsung-SM951-NVMe-PCIe-M2

sry im new to this forums how do i follow my own post ? 

and i thought some say samsung 951 is alot faster if i get to cool it down with a fan 

got the comparison from Samsung-SM951-NVMe-PCIe-M2

It's faster... Just realized I was comparing AHCI 951 to NVM-E 750... My bad :P

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

It's faster... Just realized I was comparing AHCI 951 to NVM-E 750... My bad :P

in that case why would ppl choose the intel 750 over the samsung 951 ? any advantageous aspect?

in that case why would ppl choose the intel 750 over the samsung 951 ? any advantageous aspect?

form factor? Name recognition? Etc.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Actually if the samsung 951 is better than intel 750, 

why people bother buying the intel 750 if samsung is that much more superior in nearly every way 

just curious for the justification

Actually if the samsung 951 is better than intel 750, 

why people bother buying the intel 750 if samsung is that much more superior in nearly every way 

just curious for the justification

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8979/samsung-sm951-512-gb-review/11

I think the heat issue is a factor, as you cant just plug and play the sm951 in the same way as other drives.

Then again, the 750 with its hyper kit thing dont always fit into the motherboards m.2 slot without hitting stuff.

But I think its more down to the heat issue, at least for the people that can make out the drive, with stuff like video editing.

is the hea

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8979/samsung-sm951-512-gb-review/11

I think the heat issue is a factor, as you cant just plug and play the sm951 in the same way as other drives.

Then again, the 750 with its hyper kit thing dont always fit into the motherboards m.2 slot without hitting stuff.

But I think its more down to the heat issue, at least for the people that can make out the drive, with stuff like video editing.

is the heat issue really that bad ? 

would any of you that own one say that you notice a difference in real world performance to upgrade from a sata ssd to either of these?

would any of you that own one say that you notice a difference in real world performance to upgrade from a sata ssd to either of these?

From moving huge files? Yes.

From moving huge 4K files/videos? Yes.

Boot time? No. TBH, between Sata SSD and M.2 on boot times, they're the same as to load fast needs about 300MB/s? And pretty much all SSDs have speed over 200MB/s anyway.

Game loading times? Again, between Sata SSD and M.2? No. They should be the same. Maybe shaving off 2-3 secs with the M.2. But that's not a real difference.

TL;DR If you are an editor who is actively working and want to save time on moving 4K video files. It would have noticeable difference. If not, no.

samsung 951 is so much better and cheaper than intel 750 , why would peoply buy intel 750

I have not found the NVME version of the 951 for sale yet.  I was waiting on that to come out before I bought the 951 as NVME is supposed to be a faster version then the current AHCI.  For me I want the M.2 instead of using a bay.  I believe the Samsung is also a little better for price.

cant seem to find samsung sm951 nvme on the market ? is it not released yet ?

samsung sm951 ahci or intel 750 faster ?

• 1 month later...

cant seem to find samsung sm951 nvme on the market ? is it not released yet ?

samsung sm951 ahci or intel 750 faster ?

Samsung 950 Pro NVMe on Rapid Mode is the fastest.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 |

OS Drive: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 SSD | Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB