Is it worth waiting for skylake and z170

Go to solution Solved by CH-Nils,

I'm personally waiting for Skylake, also you might want to get a 600-650W PSU, a 760W PSU is too little for a dual-card build and too much for a single-card build, and an R9 390, it performs better than the GTX 970 for the same price and has more VRAM. Also, you should really consider adding in some RAM, makes a PC work.

Oups forgot to mention i'll add 32gb of hyperx savage in there. I need it for CAD simulations and rendering... might even go for an i7 4790k if the budget allows it

gtx 970 is better for me because i like my shit to run cool, plus the lower temps allows for more OC putting them both at the same level, and VRam isnt everything...

in conclusion: both cards are equally good: one has a little more performance while the other is a little bit cooler and allows for flexible OCs.

also gigabyte 970 g1 is only 10% slower than stock 980.

760W is because i'll need around 400W and most psu are the most efficient at around 50/60% of max Wattage. plus all the reviews on johnyguru etc give it massive praise!

I'm personally waiting for Skylake, also you might want to get a 600-650W PSU, a 760W PSU is too little for a dual-card build and too much for a single-card build, and an R9 390, it performs better than the GTX 970 for the same price and has more VRAM. Also, you should really consider adding in some RAM, makes a PC work.

Oups forgot to mention i'll add 32gb of hyperx savage in there. I need it for CAD simulations and rendering... might even go for an i7 4790k if the budget allows it

gtx 970 is better for me because i like my shit to run cool, plus the lower temps allows for more OC putting them both at the same level, and VRam isnt everything...

in conclusion: both cards are equally good: one has a little more performance while the other is a little bit cooler and allows for flexible OCs.

also gigabyte 970 g1 is only 10% slower than stock 980.

760W is because i'll need around 400W and most psu are the most efficient at around 50/60% of max Wattage. plus all the reviews on johnyguru etc give it massive praise!