How to get refund in steam

calebw0103

My brother bought gta v for his toshiba satellite laptop and it was unplayable it had an i3 and only integrated graphics. I told him he wouldn't be able to run but he bought it anyways. I was right and he wants a refund has anyone had experience with refunds on steam or is it even possible? Thanks

Has he had it for More than 2 Weeks?

Played less than 2 Hours?

Because he had a hard drive.

My brother bought gta v for his toshiba satellite laptop and it was unplayable it had an i3 and only integrated graphics. I told him he wouldn't be able to run but he bought it anyways. I was right and he wants a refund has anyone had experience with refunds on steam or is it even possible? Thanks

can't fix stupid BUT

https://www.google.com/search?q=steam+refunds&oq=steam+refunds&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1624j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

He's had it for more than 2 weeks but not more than two hours.

you *have* to refund within two weeks.

thats policy, because otherwise you could just be like "mehh, i didnt like this game, le refund" after a month.

EDIT: should mention: his loss when he cant even be bothered to check recommended specs...

Is it possible to gift it to someone after that time?

Is it possible to gift it to someone after that time?

I'm pretty sure you have to select gifting at checkout, its not something you can just do. Although I think you might be able to trade games, so that could be an option. 

CPU: AMD FX 8320  CPU Cooler: 212 Evo GPU: Asus GTX 750 Ti @ 1400MHz RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4gb) MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Power Supply: Evga G2 650 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB, San Disk Ultra 240 GB SSD Case: Corsair 230t Orange

You can request a refund by going to the Steam Library, click on GTA V, and on the right side there should be a "Support" link you can click, it'll take you to a page and you click on "Gameplay or Technical Issue" then it'll forward you to a page where you can find a button that says "Request a Refund" then you go from there.

It's worth a shot.

you *have* to refund within two weeks.

thats policy, because otherwise you could just be like "mehh, i didnt like this game, le refund" after a month.

EDIT: should mention: his loss when he cant even be bothered to check recommended specs...

I Got A Refund After 5 Months :)

Refunds are easy, but they'll ban you or something if you abuse the system a lot.

Takes up to a week to get your money back.

Refunds are easy, but they'll ban you or something if you abuse the system a lot.

Takes up to a week to get your money back.

Yea,This Is What I Don't Get,I Can't Play DayZ,I Made A Ticket For It And I Couldnt Get Help,I Supplied Info Of The Other Ticked,But I Didn't Get A Refund For DayZ,But I Got A Refund For Fallout New Vegas Cause Its Not Fun

Yea,This Is What I Don't Get,I Can't Play DayZ,I Made A Ticket For It And I Couldnt Get Help,I Supplied Info Of The Other Ticked,But I Didn't Get A Refund For DayZ,But I Got A Refund For Fallout New Vegas Cause Its Not Fun

How long did you play it and how long you owned it........

I bought Chivalry for like a day and never played it then refunded it.