Friend can't connect to my game servers.

Craftable124

Me and a few friends play games on weekends, or days we have off work, etc. and I host a few servers so we can play, a TF2 server, a Teamspeak server, CS:S server, the list goes on.

Anyway, one of my friends can't connect to any of my servers. Even if I host a Skype call, he can't connect. Now, all of my other friends connect with no issue, and if I have someone else host the TF2 server we can all play together fine, so I can't figure out what's going on.

For added detail, we both have Comcast, and we live a bike ride away from each other.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

Port forward it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Port forward it.

Did you read it? Everyone else can connect to the servers, and they are port forwarded. Only this one guy has issues, even if I host the skype call.

Did you read it? Everyone else can connect to the servers, and they are port forwarded. Only this one guy has issues, even if I host the skype call.

Is your friend behind a hardware-based Firewall / Switch?

Yes I did read it, but I made a mistake and thought you said that nobody can connect.

Not sure then.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Is your friend behind a hardware-based Firewall / Switch?

As far as I know he's directly connected to his Comcast wireless gateway.

As far as I know he's directly connected to his Comcast wireless gateway.

hmmm.

Are you behind a firewall / switch?

Are you all running the latest version of  your software?

Has your friend gone over his Comcast Data Cap?

Are you hosting the server, or are you using a service (such as gameservers.com)?

hmmm.

Are you behind a firewall / switch?

Are you all running the latest version of  your software?

Has your friend gone over his Comcast Data Cap?

Are you hosting the server, or are you using a service (such as gameservers.com)?

I'm hosting the servers directly, my connection goes PC -> 8 port Switch -> Airport Extreme -> Modem.

He can connect to servers, for instance if another person runs a World at War lobby, or hosts a CS:S server we can both connect to it, but I can't connect to servers he runs and he can't connect to servers I run, which sucks because I run all of the servers.

I think it's an issue with Comcast, but I don't really know, at all.

Get smarter friends

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

I'm hosting the servers directly, my connection goes PC -> 8 port Switch -> Airport Extreme -> Modem.

He can connect to servers, for instance if another person runs a World at War lobby, or hosts a CS:S server we can both connect to it, but I can't connect to servers he runs and he can't connect to servers I run, which sucks because I run all of the servers.

I think it's an issue with Comcast, but I don't really know, at all.

Yep. sounds like Comcast isn't allowing for external streams.