Windows 10 lose documents with upgrade?

I've read a lot of diffirent things but I stilld on't have a clear answer.
Will I lose all my pictures, videos and documents when upgrading or will I only lose my programs?

I did an upgrade using the insider edition about 1-2 months ago. Didn't lose any documents and all the installed programs from before - worked afterward.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

I've read a lot of diffirent things but I stilld on't have a clear answer.

Will I lose all my pictures, videos and documents when upgrading or will I only lose my programs?

You will keep all files and programs when upgrading. (Some programs may be removed if they are not compatible with 10, but it will give you a file on the desktop when you finish setting up 10 that tells you what was removed, or at least it should like when I upgraded from 7 to 8.1..)

The only way you'd lose your programs and files when installing windows 10 is if you did a fresh install instead of an in-place upgrade.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

You should only lose anything if you do a clean install, and even then only things on the drive that you choose to format as your C:\ drive. If previous Windows upgrades are any indication, the upgrade will change your OS to Windows 10, put all your previous OS files into a "Windows.old" folder, and leave your documents and applications intact.

That said, making a backup of your most important documents is always a smart idea. Do it, if you're at all uncertain.

Even then, i would suggest doing a backup of everything you can that you would care about losing in the event that something bad where to happen as the upgrade goes through.

CPU     4790K  4.7GHz @ 1.17 volts

MOBO  Asus Z97-K

GPU     980ti Strix

RAM    16GB G.Skill

Both times I installed the Widows 10 tech preview (6 and 5 months ago) none of the files or programs I had were uninstalled. Even the programs that weren't compatible at the time stayed installed and just didn't run. Even that shouldn't be a problem anymore as I have had no program incompatibilities for about a month now. Make a backup if you want, but unless something goes terribly wrong, you won't need it.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).