want to trick my audio software into thinking a rear I/O port is a front port.

Flakx

Running windows 8.1

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H, ATX Motherboard

I got a cheap set of speakers today so that I don't have to wear my headset when I'm eating or playing a fighting/racing game.

I set my black I/O port to headphones using regedit.

How to do that if you're interested:http://www.reaper-x.com/2012/02/13/how-to-remap-retasking-realtek-onboard-jacks-ports/

My speakers and headset are now both plugged into ports at the rear of my pc and give out the same audio.

Now to the point where I need a hand, Realtek audio manager allows me to seperate the outputs for the front and rear headphone jacks (the rear jack on the motherboards backplate and the front on my case.)

When the option is enabled the output for the front jack would be in a seperate channel named "hd audio 2nd output."

What I would like to do is set the black i/o port (which I'v now set to be a headphone jack) on the back of my pc to this 2nd output channel. This would let me mute the output to my headset when I wanted to just use the speakers without reaching around and pulling out the jack (or retasking the connector in realtek audio every time). so far I'm stumped. Can someone offer a solution?

(Defore anyone calls me a dope, I do realise I could just plug my headset or speakers into the case's front headphone jack and not have to deal with it. but that would mean an ugly wire dangeling down from the top of my case.)