rumour has it AMD is prepping a 370X to "combat" nVidia's GTX950 [updated]

zMeul

I wasn't confusing the two, just simply stating that the M version has been out, simply a point of discussion is all. That being said I didn't know they were different designs. I thought it would have been "just" a cut down 370x, if you see what I mean.

While I do, it's rare that that's the case. For GCN especially it can't work, given that Tahiti, Hawaii and Fiji obviously could never be used as mobile GPUs.

Lol if you say so. They've already squeezed amd down to less than 1/5th of the dgpu market. Even without trying.

LOL what do you mean without trying?

NVIDIA are extremely aggressive.

With their marketing / brandname.

With their developer partnerships.

With their software ecosystem.

With their R&D and innovation.

All of the above has allowed them to do well and maintain margins and make their products desirable and gain market share while making money and decent margins avoiding price competition. This is a credit to Nvidia and helps to fund all of the above.

While I do, it's rare that that's the case. For GCN especially it can't work, given that Tahiti, Hawaii and Fiji obviously could never be used as mobile GPUs.

Sadly true indeed. Although from Hawaii to Grenada there was a 15tdp drop... If only they could do more along those lines. Alas, it's really not worth their time, most likely.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Sadly true indeed. Although from Hawaii to Grenada there was a 15tdp drop... If only they could do more along those lines. Alas, it's really not worth their time, most likely.

High-end mobile GPUs can't be more than maybe 120W, and that's really pushing it. A 15W drop isn't even worth mentioning in this context. Until 16nmFF, Tonga isb the best AMD can do in the mobile space.