Best DxTory Codec?

Killervolt

Hey all, I'm wondering what codec is the best to use with DxTory. What I'm most concerned about is file size rather than quality, as i just plan on sharing some clips with friends and such. I will mainly be recording battlefield 4. Jackfrags did a video recently, has anyone used that particular codec and do you have any reccomendations? Thanks.

H.264 or H.265 if possible

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

H.264 or H.265 if possible

Could you please link me to it? I can't seem to find one . . .

Thanks

http://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/

Could you please link me to it? I can't seem to find one . . .
Thanks

it can be very CPU heavy if you don't set it up correctly, 1080p60 is probably out of the question with your CPU while gaming, 720p60 or 1080p30 should be find though.

With your set up I would use OBS with QuickSync @ a high bitrate then compress it using Handbrake

http://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/

it can be very CPU heavy if you don't set it up correctly, 1080p60 is probably out of the question with your CPU while gaming, 720p60 or 1080p30 should be find though.

With your set up I would use OBS with QuickSync @ a high bitrate then compress it using Handbrake

Thanks a lot! Yeah i don't plan on 1080p60, i record at 720p30 . . . I will try using OBS, I used it once and didn't like the quality, but will try again using Quicksync and a high bitrate.