Windows Boot Manager Loads Every Startup

Go to solution Solved by bealhorm,

Alright, you can either delete the Debian entry or check the "Skip the boot menu" option and mark Windows 7 as default, as it already is.

So I installed Linux on my computer(alongside my windows 7) but I removed the Linux from the computer but boot manager still prompts me every startup for a choice of either even though Linux is ling gone...

I've tried the "In windows boot check thing(forget the name).

I'm not sure if this is related at all but every time I go to shutdown my computer it looks as is to turn off(monitor goes black and my HDD activity led goes off)but the fans and power led don't(usually have to hard shutdown) and sometimes the computer just restarts after a shutdown...

Anyway

Thanks!

Two wrongs don't make a right, but don't three lefts make a right? Two wrongs don't make a right, but don't two negatives make a positive?

Does the menu look like Grub2 or like the windows boot menu?

edit: Do you use BIOS or UEFI?

Windows:

198310d1329235982-windows-boot-manager-s

Grub2:

grub2-dual-boot-in-grub2.png

-Insert witty comment here-

Windows boot manager?  

But this is an example picture of what it looks like...

(sorry didn't see the spoiler)

post-247737-0-21335900-1438017802.jpg

Two wrongs don't make a right, but don't three lefts make a right? Two wrongs don't make a right, but don't two negatives make a positive?

Alright, so that's the Windows boot manager. To fix it you can edit that boot menu using EasyBCD. It's free if you register, but it also downloads if you leave the fields empty. You can download it here.

Can you provide a screenshot of the entries after installing?

Here

post-247737-0-77154400-1438021161_thumb.

Alright, you can either delete the Debian entry or check the "Skip the boot menu" option and mark Windows 7 as default, as it already is.

Thanks!

Maybe check that all the partitions are gone with Disk management. Go to start and enter "diskmgmt.msc" into the search bar. You can then see all your drives and partitions.