broken gpu fanblade

samuelisaksson

My Gtx 780 directcu ii second fan lost a fanblade, becasue of a paper clip getting into the fan. Where do i find a new fan/fanblades for the directcu ii cooler?

Contact ASUS and ask for a repair service or part replacement 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

How the fuck did that happen?

You're not very good at reading.

My Gtx 780 directcu ii second fan lost a fanblade, becasue of a paper clip getting into the fan. Where do i find a new fan/fanblades for the directcu ii cooler?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

But how does a paper clip get into your fan?

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Could be trying to boot the PC from the motherboard and when trying to remove the clip it catches the fan blade and there she goes. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Contact ASUS and ask for a repair service or part replacement 

thanks i will contact asus tomorrow.

will super glue work to re-apply the blade ?

No. I wouldn't think so. It would hold, but when the fan spins up it would probably fly off again :I

Do you have paperclips near your GPU fans?..

Sorry, Ill elaborate, why do you have paperclips near your GPU fan OP, and how did it break your fan?

KILLING IS HIS BUSINESS...

AND BUSINESS

IS GOOD!

will super glue work to re-apply the blade ?

If it even holds, which it very well may, it would be so off balance, and if you didn't put it back on perfectly, would throw off the airflow.

KILLING IS HIS BUSINESS...

AND BUSINESS

IS GOOD!

OP, get a replacement, see if you can remove that fan for now and go down to one fan

Wont my card over heat then ?

If it even holds, which it very well may, it would be so off balance, and if you didn't put it back on perfectly, would throw off the airflow.

im running it without the one blade and its not that bad just with little bit off vibrations.

underclock it for the time being and keep a keen eye on the temps

Can't he run the gpu with the damaged blade?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Can't he run the gpu with the damaged blade?

oh yes i can if i can get the hold off some super glue

How the fuck did that happen?

um yea do you ussually toss paper clips at your pc? or were you trying to get a new card xD

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.