Military Ship Owners Thread

ItsComrade

Just expanding on the above comment. What doesn't change is the load out of what the original package was. Use of the phrase 'base stats' is sort of a misnomer, because if you mean ship speed, power plant and other statistics are based on equipment; which will remain from the prior package. What might change is said layout (positioning) of hardpoints and thrusters, and perhaps even number of available connections. As it relates to a 20 dollar upgrade, it could be fully cosmetic, or actually have some benefits/drawbacks or changes to what you are able to modify it with.

It may or may not come with the additional armory that the real f7a is supposed to have, as per specs sheet on the ship page. I doubt it will though.

I don't think it will, as it isn't actually "in lore". This was a charity action (and a good one for that) that was held once.

If you look at the Vanduul Scythe, for example, those were sold because the UEE had found, captured and salvaged X-15 and didn't know what they could do with the excess amount of fighters. Of course they kept a bunch of them for research purposes, but there's only so many you need, so they sold them off.

EDIT: Oops, it was X-15, not 17 :)

Edited by Wauthar

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I don't think it will, as it isn't actually "in lore". This was a charity action (and a good one for that) that was held once.

If you look at the Vanduul Scythe, for example, those were sold because the UEE had found, captured and salvaged X-15 and didn't know what they could do with the excess amount of fighters. Of course they kept a bunch of them for research purposes, but there's only so many you need, so they sold them off.

EDIT: Oops, it was X-15, not 17 :)

They also mentioned that any further scythes and Vanduul ships will have to be found, stolen or taken by yourself. Also, they may need to be refitted and altered for human use to make better use of controls. You can of course fly one directly after taking it (granted it isn't too damaged) but as Vanduul are far taller than humans, it will supposedly be awkward.

Same is said for any fittings in regards to Vanduul based weapon upgrades, you have to find it from black markets, other players or through looting.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I have an Idris-P, but sadly not the wonderful Idris-M. So I'm not quite mil-spec there. But I've got a FC7-M, and that is! Then a Connie and a 350R to round out my hangar.

Sidenote, if anyone has a M variant, I'll trade you everything I have for it! xD

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

I have an Idris-P, but sadly not the wonderful Idris-M. So I'm not quite mil-spec there. But I've got a FC7-M, and that is! Then a Connie and a 350R to round out my hangar.

Sidenote, if anyone has a M variant, I'll trade you everything I have for it! xD

F7Cs are civilian spec ;)

F7Cs are civilian spec ;)

Really? I thought the Super Hornets were retired military vehicles with the same spec. Bummer...

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

Really? I thought the Super Hornets were retired military vehicles with the same spec. Bummer...

Partially.

They are retired models retrofitted with all mil-spec weaponry and equipment changed out. What makes the super hornet special is that they give you back the ball turret and canard turret (but with civ guns mounted), instead of the extra cargo expansion. Also this provides a second seat for the ball turret, rather than it being only automated or pilot controlled, as well as a jump drive for civ use (which is not standard on the original military model).

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro