40$ Webcam for Online Classes

Hello,

I'm a freelancer as well as an online language teacher. Recently I found myself in need of a new webcam for Skype / Google Hangout classes.

I need something up to 40$ (in my country imported products have a 100% tax - so that it costs the double - and unfortunately I cannot afford something more expensive).

Important notes:

I use a PC (no Macs).

The webcam would NOT be hanging on my monitor, but placed over the table (something stable just by itself or that contains a small tripod would be great).

I own a great microphone already, and hence the webcam doesn't need one (preferable not, but really doesn't matter).

The video quality matters (I could give classes on my iPad, but I feel like the image quality needs to be better)

Questions:

Does the brand matter? Which ones would you recommend?

Suggest one or more webcams that you have had experience with.

Ty in advance you all :)

Hello,

I'm a freelancer as well as an online language teacher. Recently I found myself in need of a new webcam for Skype / Google Hangout classes.
I need something up to 40$ (in my country imported products have a 100% tax - so that it costs the double - and unfortunately I cannot afford something more expensive).

Important notes:
I use a PC (no Macs).
The webcam would NOT be hanging on my monitor, but placed over the table (something stable just by itself or that contains a small tripod would be great).
I own a great microphone already, and hence the webcam doesn't need one (preferable not, but really doesn't matter).
The video quality matters (I could give classes on my iPad, but I feel like the image quality needs to be better)

Questions:
Does the brand matter? Which ones would you recommend?
Suggest one or more webcams that you have had experience with.

Ty in advance you all :)

Well these days you can't really find a webcam that doesn't have a microphone. Second, webcams are built to sit on a monitor by design so a webcam is probably not what you're after. You may want to use a cheap DSLR camera you can find used with a tripod.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Are you recording some sort of lesson on paper or something? Or just recording your face?

System: Thinkpad T460

Are you recording some sort of lesson on paper or something? Or just recording your face?

My face mostly.

My face mostly.

Then something like this should be fine:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-hd-webcam-c615-black/2588445.p?id=1218337862339&skuId=2588445&pid=1218337862339

It's supposed to go on a screen but you can get creative with how you mount it or use a tripod. Seems like the best option in your price range rather than a DSLR

System: Thinkpad T460