Not sure if I've moved my os to ssd (please help)

CrustyTissue
Go to solution Solved by CrustyTissue,

Yep, just be careful not to move the drive much when you connect it. 

EDIT: So long as you don't disconnect the SSD... How are you having both connected?

Hey i've fixed the issue now :) For some reason the boot priority seems to be on the drive which is placed in the actual drive location (if that makes sense) so i moved the ssd into the normal place and moved the hdd into the caddy and now it works fine. Thanks so much LoneRanger and have fun making all kinds of gains :P

There's no option like 'boot from' or something that would allow you to book from the SSD next time around  :unsure: ?

Can you not 

wouldnt it be easier just to wipe my hdd?

wouldnt it be easier just to wipe my hdd?

That's what we're trying to do... But you can't do that because it's booting to the HDD or is not letting you for some reason, and it won't let you format it whilst it's in use. 

That's what we're trying to do... But you can't do that because it's booting to the HDD or is not letting you for some reason, and it won't let you format it whilst it's in use. 

So what should i do?

So what should i do?

If you're physically able to, disconnect the HDD and boot from the SSD, once it's booted into Windows connect the HDD and you should then be able to format it. 

Only thing to be cautious of is excessively moving the HDD when you plug it in. 

So it's okay to plug it in while the computer is on?

EDIT: So long as you don't disconnect the SSD... How are you having both connected?

I have the ssd in the dvd slot with a hdd caddy. I unplugged the hdd and it booted with the ssd but now when i put the hdd back in its not being registered.

Hey i've fixed the issue now :) For some reason the boot priority seems to be on the drive which is placed in the actual drive location (if that makes sense) so i moved the ssd into the normal place and moved the hdd into the caddy and now it works fine. Thanks so much LoneRanger and have fun making all kinds of gains :P

Ahhhhhh, never would have guessed that was the issue  :lol: No problem  :)