ASUS N551JX-CN176H - 2 storage drives support?

WAFOE

I'm planning to buy an ASUS N551JX-CN176H laptop. It's on sale for €899, which is a good deal I think. But it only comes with a 1TB SSHD. That just doesn't cut it for me. So my plan was to buy a 850 Evo 250GB and put it inside, with an effective storage of 1250GB with the HDD. But can you even put 2 2,5" drives in this laptop? I googled a bit, but I couldn't find an answer, so I will try it here. Can you even put 2 storage devices in this laptop? Does it fit 1 2,5" and 1 mSATA/M.2 drive? I have no clue!

Thanks!

:rolleyes:

I'm planning to buy an ASUS N551JX-CN176H laptop. It's on sale for €899, which is a good deal I think. But it only comes with a 1TB SSHD. That just doesn't cut it for me. So my plan was to buy a 850 Evo 250GB and put it inside, with an effective storage of 1250GB with the HDD. But can you even put 2 2,5" drives in this laptop? I googled a bit, but I couldn't find an answer, so I will try it here. Can you even put 2 storage devices in this laptop? Does it fit 1 2,5" and 1 mSATA/M.2 drive? I have no clue!

Thanks!

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/N551JX/specifications/

Unfortunately according to the specs from this link it only has space for 1 2.5" 9mm SATA drive. But you have options like getting a WD Black2, where it has both a usable 128GB 120GB SSD and a 1TB HDD in one package.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

The Asus page, sadly, displays incorrect data. I've seen other Asus 551JX laptops with other storage configurations, and some comming even with a mSATA SSD and 2,5" HDD. I'm not planning to buy a €250 storage device  :P

I've seen other Asus 551JX laptops with other storage configurations, and some comming even with a mSATA SSD and 2,5" HDD

You got a link for this?

The Asus page, sadly, displays incorrect data.

And why would their own page want to display wrong data?

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

You got a link for this?

And why would their own page want to display wrong data?

The Asus N551JX-CN199H, for example, has this configuration. Other than that, the laptop seems exactly the same as the one I have. I don't know why they would, but it happens.

Already bought a Crucial MX200 256GB mSATA by the way  :P

The Asus N551JX-CN199H, for example, has this configuration. Other than that, the laptop seems exactly the same as the one I have. I don't know why they would, but it happens.

Already bought a Crucial MX200 256GB mSATA by the way  :P

Wait wait wait, you have the machine already?

EDIT: And also, I didn't find any evidence that this machine has an extra slot for a SSD. It seem like this machine only has one SATA slot for a 2.5" 9.5mm drive. I believe that this machine with this specification that comes with both the SSD and HDD is something like the WD Black2

Wait wait wait, you have the machine already?

EDIT: And also, I didn't find any evidence that this machine has an extra slot for a SSD. It seem like this machine only has one SATA slot for a 2.5" 9.5mm drive. I believe that this machine with this specification that comes with both the SSD and HDD is something like the WD Black2

I bought it yesterday and I'm getting both the laptop and the SSD tomorrow. I couldn't find it either, that's why I posted here, trying to find someone with the same laptop. I already found someone on another forum that has one, and he told me it has an extra mSATA slot.

Thanks for helping though!

I bought it yesterday and I'm getting both the laptop and the SSD tomorrow. I couldn't find it either, that's why I posted here, trying to find someone with the same laptop. I already found someone on another forum that has one, and he told me it has an extra mSATA slot.

Thanks for helping though!

Alright then, happy to help.

Just a update. The MX200 does not fit in my model, only half sized SSD's. I don't know how the person fitted a full sized mSATA SSD in his Asus N551, propably a bit ghetto. So I will have to return my SSD.

I can't miss my DVD drive, so I will be replacing the 1TB Seagate SSHD with a Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB.