Tesla to be hacked at defcon and giving out jobs.

This is in response to the talks on the WAN show about the jeep being hacked and talking about Tesla. Last year when Tesla was at defcon22 they offered jobs to people who could hack the vehicle. This year is going to be similar but also openings in there source code for customization. Linux for the win. 

http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/07/tesla-model-s-hacked-ahead-of-defcon-event/ 

http://boingboing.net/2015/04/28/tesla-to-open-the-electric-car.html 

This is how you should do things. Take note other car makers (and for that matter any company trying to do software in some way)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

This is how you should do things. Take note other car makers (and for that matter any company trying to do software in some way)

Most companies actively give out security jobs to ex-hackers, some may even give hackers jobs after they are released from prison  :wacko: Similar to how that dude in Hackerville hacked Nasa, left a note with his details expecting to get a job but instead got a $200,000 fine from them  :lol:

Most companies actively give out security jobs to ex-hackers, some may even give hackers jobs after they are released from prison  :wacko: Similar to how that dude in Hackerville hacked Nasa, left a note with his details expecting to get a job but instead got a $200,000 fine from them  :lol:

Which one ? Iceman or Tinkode? Or another?

Hackerville is Ramnicu Valcea btw. :D

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Which one ? Iceman or Tinkode? Or another?

Hackerville is Ramnicu Valcea btw. :D

I have no idea... Can't remember exactly (we're talking about that Norton film, right?); it was one of them, he just said that he hacked into NASA, fixed the problem which allowed him access, then left a note with his details expecting they'd give him a job. Instead, they gave him a great big fine. 

This is good. This is how a company should do to win their potential consumers, test them in the wild without restrictions and reward what possible exploit they can find.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I have no idea... Can't remember exactly (we're talking about that Norton film, right?); it was one of them, he just said that he hacked into NASA, fixed the problem which allowed him access, then left a note with his details expecting they'd give him a job. Instead, they gave him a great big fine. 

Iceman.

Yeah, the thing is, when he fixed that issue, he accidentaly f*cked up their email servers(I think?). That's why they gave him the fine.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Iceman.

Yeah, the thing is, when he fixed that issue, he accidentaly f*cked up their email servers(I think?). That's why they gave him the fine.

Ahhhh, didn't know that; still kinda funny none the less. 

-snip-

Best birthday present ever lol :P or prison release one too. Works for those who dont get arrested aswell xD.

Groomlake Authority