EK- Predator : EK's AiO announced at Quake Con

niofalpha

That 360 version looked really good until I spotted that quick-disconnect... not pretty.

144Hz goodness

This is a phenomenal deal.

If you price out each parts it would cost at the very least $350+

-Waterblock: EK Supremacy MX = $55
-Pump: EK DDC = $76
-Radiator: 360mm EK Coolstream PE (also looks like it has integrated reservoir) = $75
-Fans: 3x EK Vadar F3 120 (2000RPM PWM) = $23 each = $69
-Quick Disconnect fitting: 2x male and 2x female = $should be around $40
-other stuff: Fittings (4x compression fitting), tubing, coolant =$should be around $40

Total cost when doing it on your own: $around $350

Also the parts are one of the best you can get when making a custom loop: ek supremacy mx, EK Coolstream PE, EK Vadar

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

I really wish it was a lower fpi rad. I would love to have this as a first watercooling setup but I would want something I can run at low fan speeds.

So will this contain the GPU Full cover blocks as shown at Quake-con?  It says reference only, but is there an option at checkout to go "Yea, can i get a non-reference one?"

I really want to see the compatible case list.  Hell, I'd love to see an EKWB designed case.  With silence, dust filters, velcro-straps, and tempered glass.  *_*

Out of curiosity what should the performance difference be between the 240 and 360?  Also the 240 should fit in the front of the Define S I believe, so with that in mind - are you using the EK-Ectotherm TIM on the predator as pre-applied, or does a small tube come with?

I'm excited for this release, and have questions galore swimming in my mind, but these seem like the most important.  

Out of curiosity what should the performance difference be between the 240 and 360?  Also the 240 should fit in the front of the Define S I believe, so with that in mind - are you using the EK-Ectotherm TIM on the predator as pre-applied, or does a small tube come with?

I'm excited for this release, and have questions galore swimming in my mind, but these seem like the most important.  

Haswell-E%205960X.jpg

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

So, a custom loop(sort of) with copper rad and better pump is barely better than the same size AIO, Predator 240 vs H100i GTX.

When I switch to custom loop, I's hoping a sizable cooling improvement over the H105. Didn't happen. Thought I's doing something wrong. It turns out not to be the case. 

Funny that Swiftech's H220 or H220X are not on that chart. Just sayin'. 

not really considering EK is a European company and swiftech is very rare in Europe.

So, a custom loop(sort of) with copper rad and better pump is barely better than the same size AIO, Predator 240 vs H100i GTX.

When I switch to custom loop, I's hoping a sizable cooling improvement over the H105. Didn't happen. Thought I's doing something wrong. It turns out not to be the case. 

The big improvement for custom loops is a little lower temps, and the noise is far better.  Often being able to be quieter than air coolers, but yeah--it is a little disappointing given the pricing. 

This looks awesome!!

but are we able to empty and refill it with different coolant and add other tubing to it?

Returning after 8 years dormant

This looks awesome!!

but are we able to empty and refill it with different coolant and add other tubing to it?

All parts are standard liquid cooling parts so you can take it apart and rebuild it as you wish. Instructions how to drain and fill the unit will be part of the instruction manual.