HDMI sickness?

Go to solution Solved by Thermal,

No, because when i switched back to DVI i could continue gaming.

I have pretty bad color vision tho, might be something there?

You might just have a knackered HDMI port. I used to have a set of 21" Acers and one developed an issue with it's HDMI port where it ran at 1912x1072 and only at 30hz, the DVI port on the other hand ran fine. 

Colour alone shouldn't make you ill, it's another issue causing that!

I have always used DVI on my monitor but recently i switches over to HDMI just to test it out.

I noticed the colors or contrast was different and it was now uncomfortable to look at the monitor.

I didnt know why so i just switched back to DVI.

Has anyone else experianced that?

The colour profile could have been changed for some reason I guess.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Use DisplayPort?

I found what you need - THIS

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

The colour profile could have been changed for some reason I guess.

That wouldn't make you sick, are you sure you're just not ill? 

HDMI and DVI are directly interchangable you shouldn't have seen any issues unless you're on a restricted colour palette (default on some NVidia cards) which you can fix -> https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/

Use DisplayPort?

The monitor i was using didnt support it

HDMI and DVI are directly interchangable you shouldn't have seen any issues unless you're on a restricted colour palette (default on some NVidia cards) which you can fix -> https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/

I had mac OS X do this for me multiple times, it keeps reseting the profile. Though that won't cause sickness, it's just annoying.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I had mac OS X do this for me multiple times, it keeps reseting the profile. Though that won't cause sickness, it's just annoying.

Adobe RGB (1998) for life!  :P

HDMI and DVI are directly interchangable you shouldn't have seen any issues unless you're on a restricted colour palette (default on some NVidia cards) which you can fix -> https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/

Yes, because when i switched back to DVI i could continue gaming.

No, because when i switched back to DVI i could continue gaming.

You might just have a knackered HDMI port. I used to have a set of 21" Acers and one developed an issue with it's HDMI port where it ran at 1912x1072 and only at 30hz, the DVI port on the other hand ran fine. 

Colour alone shouldn't make you ill, it's another issue causing that!