Graphic design question

demtacosdoe

I'm working an internship in a german theater, and have been working on the brochure for this season, but i have a small problem.

the letters on the brochure seems shallow, and don't pop out. i have been experimenting with different background colours, but finding one that makes the letters pop without looking like crap is more of a challenge than i expected.

i need a sleek minimalistic design. this theater does very dramatic and serious pieces, and is where people who want to wear turtlenecks and drink red wine go.

if anyone knows how i could improve it, your advice is most welcome. the pdf is below

and if anyone is in Bonn from september to june, the theater is called Euro Theater Central Bonn. check it out. 

postkarte.pdf

try a drop shadow

Usually does the trick for me

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

I on Mobile....So I can't edit the PDF.

Which is the software you used to make the brouchure? @demtacosdoe

Intel i3-4150 3.50Ghz | MSI B85M-G43 | HyperX Fury 8GB 1866Mhz x1 | Intel HD 4400 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB , Samsung 160GB | Odyssey 450W | AOC E950Sw 18.5In | Windows 10 Pro | Zebronics Armour 2

this brochure makes me feel like when i open a txt file in notepad and the font size is 72 and i'm like oh fuck i gotta resize this shit