Y50 an other -$1000 Laptops

My budget, as above, is -$1000. Despite Superfish and other issues, my main option is the Lenovo Y-50. Refurbished examples on NewEgg are pretty appealing, anyone know how refurbished products fair? Are there any Y50-70 owners that can shed light on the product? And finally, are there any other options in the specified price range? Many thanks. (I also eagerly await Linus' video on this exact matter of budget laptops.) - SORRY about the title typo

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TI6TASK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00TI6TASK&linkCode=as2&tag=hardwarevol03-20 I don't know if $99 breaks the bank for you but it should be $1099 ( unless I messed the link up ). Much better in terms of hardware, has a nice big screen and a better GPU.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I absolutely love the y50, I used one at best-buy for maybe 4-8 minutes or so, it feels amazing, looks amazing, and I just absolutely love it, I'll most likely be picking one up within the next year hopefully.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

My budget, as above, is -$1000. Despite Superfish and other issues, my main option is the Lenovo Y-50. Refurbished examples on NewEgg are pretty appealing, anyone know how refurbished products fair? Are there any Y50-70 owners that can shed light on the product? And finally, are there any other options in the specified price range? Many thanks. (I also eagerly await Linus' video on this exact matter of budget laptops.) - SORRY about the title typo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152711&cm_re=msi_ge62_apache-_-34-152-711-_-Product

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

I've boiled down to either the Y50-70 or the Acer Aspire V15. Thoughts?

Have you seen the GE62 in the link I posted? I think that would be a better machine, even with a 965M.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Have you seen the GE62 in the link I posted? I think that would be a better machine, even with a 965M.

I did, and while it packs better hardware, I feel it's a bit too thick for me. Thanks though. 

I did, and while it packs better hardware, I feel it's a bit too thick for me. Thanks though. 

Meh, alright then.

For the Acer V Nitro, I don't like the keyboard a lot, it has very very little travel and it feels like it's crap to type on for me. But if you're fine with it, then I don't think it would be an issue for you. It is a very slim machine, and when my aunt got the 850M variant, I was rather taken aback by the size of it. The trackpad is not the best in the world, but it is good enough. For heat output, because the 850M variant only has one heat vent and one fan, it was a little hot at times, but not hot to the point where it is a toaster. The IPS panels are alright, with rather vibrant colours.

The Lenovo Y50 is like the hot favourite amongst many people here in the forums. Anyone asking for a $1k laptop would be suggested a Y50. I have not really used it before, if you need more info, you should do some googling around.