Cheap razors?

slay english

Whats out there that's good that just cost an arm and a leg like Gillette razors?

I know there's allot of websites that sell them cheaper,but are they good? I'm really picky since I have sensitive skin. 

dollar shave club?

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

I use Dollar Shave Club. The razors really arent as good as something like the Gillette Fusions but you get so many more that it comes out better.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Whats out there that's good that just cost an arm and a leg like Gillette razors?

I know there's allot of websites that sell them cheaper,but are they good? I'm really picky since I have sensitive skin. 

Get Dollar Shave Club and after you sign up change it to every other month. Can't get cheaper than that.

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

As said above, dsc, i get the mid teir blades every other month. Shaving every two days (im lazy) the blades can last a month if you don't mind a little bit of abrasion, 2 weeks and they still feel good. I have a bunch saved. Tried their shaving lotion stuff, it smells nice and works well. So far about 6 months in and i like it.

I know Linus swears by Dollar shave club, but you did say you wanted cheap stuff that won't annoy your skin so I'm going to recommend you a good old fashion safety razor like your grandpa used. look it up, the initial investment of the "handle" might be a bit steep, but it's well worth it. I pay 0.60$ per blade, and that's in Norway which is an expensive country.

Should you want to invest in a old fashion soap brush and buy shaving soaps you are going to save a lot on that too, and they smell and feel way better than Gilette's "best a man can get". I got one bar of shaving soap in the more expensive department, I payed 30$ but I've had it for a year and I'm still not seeing the bottom of the dish yet. There are ofc much cheaper options than that particular one, the most common intro stuff is from Proraso an italian shaving products manufacturer.

I used to hate shaving, always got red skin and all that bad stuff. I switched, found the kind of razor blade that fit me the best, and now I'd shave every day if I could. Some mornings I just can't get up, and I only have time for a quick breakfast and then run to class. After 1.5 years of using an old school safety razor it only takes me 10 mins to shave a pretty smooth shave, with no nicks, cuts or sore skin.

I hope you take this under consideration :)

Harrys

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

insert dollar shave club ad here

jpwgt.jpg

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I know Linus swears by Dollar shave club, but you did say you wanted cheap stuff that won't annoy your skin so I'm going to recommend you a good old fashion safety razor like your grandpa used. look it up, the initial investment of the "handle" might be a bit steep, but it's well worth it. I pay 0.60$ per blade, and that's in Norway which is an expensive country.

Should you want to invest in a old fashion soap brush and buy shaving soaps you are going to save a lot on that too, and they smell and feel way better than Gilette's "best a man can get". I got one bar of shaving soap in the more expensive department, I payed 30$ but I've had it for a year and I'm still not seeing the bottom of the dish yet. There are ofc much cheaper options than that particular one, the most common intro stuff is from Proraso an italian shaving products manufacturer.

I used to hate shaving, always got red skin and all that bad stuff. I switched, found the kind of razor blade that fit me the best, and now I'd shave every day if I could. Some mornings I just can't get up, and I only have time for a quick breakfast and then run to class. After 1.5 years of using an old school safety razor it only takes me 10 mins to shave a pretty smooth shave, with no nicks, cuts or sore skin.

I hope you take this under consideration :)

I have to agree with this despite Linus making a living off of his sponsorships. I did what was referenced above and bought a Merkur 34C short handled safety razor and am currently sampling the best blades for my skin.

I cringe every time I think about standard cartridge razors. I always cut open my skin with those things. Since using a safety razor I have far less irritation and enjoy shaving now. 2-3 passes depending on scruff gets me the closest shave of my life. It has a learning curve but I'm about 6 months in since my switch and couldn't be happier.

That reminds me. I need to order some more Taylor of old bond street (or whatever it's called) cream again.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I have to agree with this despite Linus making a living off of his sponsorships. I did what was referenced above and bought a Merkur 34C short handled safety razor and am currently sampling the best blades for my skin.

I cringe every time I think about standard cartridge razors. I always cut open my skin with those things. Since using a safety razor I have far less irritation and enjoy shaving now. 2-3 passes depending on scruff gets me the closest shave of my life. It has a learning curve but I'm about 6 months in since my switch and couldn't be happier.

That reminds me. I need to order some more Taylor of old bond street (or whatever it's called) cream again.

Yeah i know what you mean, I was a conscript for a year wich meant I had to shave every day, and I didn't perticulary like to shave. If only I had used safety razors before that it would have been no issue at all!

I haven't tried Taylor yet, but I have tried Truefitt & Hill for my hair/scalp (very good stuff), and Cabtree & Evelyn shaving soap. My next shippment of shaving supplies will contain more stuff from Truefitt & Hill, that's for sure.

I get that safety razors might not be for everyone, and for people like Luke that has like skin of metal or something, and can use the same razorblade cartridge for a whole year it's probably pointless. You do however get a much closer shave than anything else I have ever experienced.

I was lucky as my grandfather had kept his father's traveling set safety razor, complete with a storage box, mirror and blades. I could test this out before I bought it, and did the whole half of my face with one razor and half with the other, and you could tell the difference with just one unexperienced pass. It's actually quite ridiculous.

Yeah i know what you mean, I was a conscript for a year wich meant I had to shave every day, and I didn't perticulary like to shave. If only I had used safety razors before that it would have been no issue at all!

I haven't tried Taylor yet, but I have tried Truefitt & Hill for my hair/scalp (very good stuff), and Cabtree & Evelyn shaving soap. My next shippment of shaving supplies will contain more stuff from Truefitt & Hill, that's for sure.

I get that safety razors might not be for everyone, and for people like Luke that has like skin of metal or something, and can use the same razorblade cartridge for a whole year it's probably pointless. You do however get a much closer shave than anything else I have ever experienced.

I was lucky as my grandfather had kept his fathers traveling set safety razor, complete with a storage box, mirror and blades. I could test this out before I bought it, and did the whole half of my face with one razor and half with the other, and you could tell the difference with just one unexperienced pass. It's actually quite ridiculous.

I must say too that if you have acne or maybe just small breakouts here and there you can smoothly and safely glide over pimples without causing excess scarring.

I'm living with the damage and scarring effects of my cartridge razor on the right side of my chin. I wish I knew the truth sooner.

Oh and another pro tip for anyone reading this: I don't use after shave. I run cold water over my face to close the pores and apply virgin coconut oil to moisturize afterwards.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

I must say too that if you have acne or maybe just small breakouts here and there you can smoothly and safely glide over pimples without causing excess scarring.

I'm living with the damage and scarring effects of my cartridge razor on the right side of my chin. I wish I knew the truth sooner.

Oh and another pro tip for anyone reading this: I don't use after shave. I run cold water over my face to close the pores and apply virgin coconut oil to moisturize afterwards.

The scarring will probably heal after some years, I used to have some scars but they're not as noticable now as they used to be. The thing about aftershave is very individual, I have used balms, but you can also get tonics, or alchol based ones. it all comes down to personal preferance and skin type.

The rules are simple, make sure to clean your face properly before you shave, and use warm water to soften the hair and open your pores, use warm water to clean off any product still on your face, then use cold water to close the pores, and if you want you can apply aftershave after this.

The scarring will probably heal after some years, I used to have some scars but they're not as noticable now as they used to be. The thing about aftershave is very individual, I have used balms, but you can also get tonics, or alchol based ones. it all comes down to personal preferance and skin type.

The rules are simple, make sure to clean your face properly before you shave, and use warm water to soften the hair and open your pores, use warm water to clean off any product still on your face, then use cold water to close the pores, and if you want you can apply aftershave after this.

Very true. As much as I want to try balms and such I'm too scared to do so.

I tried an alcohol-based after shave and burned my skin so bad I felt it for hours after shaving and had significant dryness and irritation post shave.

I was considering some proraso branded aloe stuff as I hear good things about it but idk.

Don't be fooled by all them fancy razors on the market with 5 million blades to help make shaving a dream that's just a gimmick. Learn to use a single blade safety razor or get into straight blade shaving.

Very true. As much as I want to try balms and such I'm too scared to do so.

I tried an alcohol-based after shave and burned my skin so bad I felt it for hours after shaving and had significant dryness and irritation post shave.

I was considering some proraso branded aloe stuff as I hear good things about it but idk.

I first tried the Proraso white, and that one is very good, balms are basically the complete oposite from alchol based aftershave products, they soothe/calm the skin as well as acting like a moisturiser. The Proraso green might sting a bit as it has some mint in it I think, personally I use the West Indian Lime balm from Crabtree & Evelynn, and that is very nice indeed.

I first tried the Proraso white, and that one is very good, balms are basically the complete oposite from alchol based aftershave products, they soothe/calm the skin as well as acting like a moisturiser. The Proraso green might sting a bit as it has some mint in it I think, personally I use the West Indian Lime balm from Crabtree & Evelynn, and that is very nice indeed.

I'll be sure to try those thanks for the suggestion!

I'll be sure to try those thanks for the suggestion!

Glad to be of help, send me a PM if there's anything else you're wondering about, I'm by no means an expert, but I know a thing or two.

I use a merkur double edge razor for my face and the four blade dollar shave club for other stuff. My wife uses my extra dollar shave club cartridges for herself she loves them.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The cheapest and manliest option it's not to shave at all.

even if you have a beard you have to take care of it. it takes less time to shave clean every day then to maintain a good looking healthy long beard