3 displays setup - need help asap

Gomo
Go to solution Solved by pjm0925,

I don't see the word active on that one, so I would tend to think not.  Here is the ones I got: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G28N1006&cm_re=active_displayport_adapter-_-12-400-584-_-Product

The active ones will always say it in the product description, and will be a bit more money.

Hello there guys,

I'll try to make it as short as possible.. So.. I'm using AMD Sapphire 7850 (2gb) and 2 monitors. One is connected via DVI cable and the other on VGA with DVI adapter (both are old and need to be replaced.. I know) anyways. Now, I'd like to connect my TV as a third screen (on HDMI) -> extend desktop to it (for movies, bla bla). The problem is, AMD Catalyst isn't letting me have all 3 active -> requires one out of 3 to be disabled. My card has 2x DVI 1x HDMI and 1x Display port. Am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks in advance!

Hello there guys,

I'll try to make it as short as possible.. So.. I'm using AMD Sapphire 7850 (2gb) and 2 monitors. One is connected via DVI cable and the other on VGA with DVI adapter (both are old and need to be replaced.. I know) anyways. Now, I'd like to connect my TV as a third screen (on HDMI) -> extend desktop to it (for movies, bla bla). The problem is, AMD Catalyst isn't letting me have all 3 active -> requires one out of 3 to be disabled. My card has 2x DVI 1x HDMI and 1x Display port. Am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks in advance!

The third display needs to be hooked up via displayport. I remember there being problems when one display was using vga but I think that's been resolved, don't have 3 monitors atm so can't test.

-アパゾ

You're required to have one of the connection be an active displayport adapter.

Do you have integrated graphics? If you do, try plugging the tv into that instead and see if it works.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

Do you have integrated graphics? If you do, try plugging the tv into that instead and see if it works.

No I don't have integrated one.. So would I be able to use all 3 if I bought a Displayport -> HDMI adapter and connected the TV like that? I don't really have any other options with my monitors.. both are old and one only has DVI input and the other is VGA only.

You need an "Active" display port adapter.  I also have a 7850, I'm using it right now for four monitors.  I got 2x mini DP to HDMI Active DP adapters and it works like a charm.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

I don't see the word active on that one, so I would tend to think not.  Here is the ones I got: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G28N1006&cm_re=active_displayport_adapter-_-12-400-584-_-Product

The active ones will always say it in the product description, and will be a bit more money.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Alright, I guess I gotta buy one then. Thanks a lot for your help, all of you guys!

If you're not running eyefinity then yes otherwise no, for eyefinity you need an active adapter.

I'm not interested in eyefinity, I'd just like to use my TV as third monitor -> extend desktop to it.. Now, I'm confused, do I need the active DP adapter or not?