BSOD out of nowhere

Spoonfull

So i just went out to eat. Came back, and my computer was asleep. Turned it back on, signed in, and immediately went to the desktop.

From there, i opened chrome, and made a visit to the pcmasterrace subreddit. Thats when I experienced a BSOD out of nowhere, and I am concerned. 

Basically, I am wondering what caused it. The only things I have done is

• Installed new windows updates
  • Attempted to update Java, which crashed in the middle of the install

Anyone have any ideas as to what may have caused it? Any solutions? I am not experienced when it comes to software, so...

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI B85I | Stock cooler | RAM: 8gb DDR3 RAM 1600mhz | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked w/ACX cooling | Storage: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window

So i just went out to eat. Came back, and my computer was asleep. Turned it back on, signed in, and immediately went to the desktop.

From there, i opened chrome, and made a visit to the pcmasterrace subreddit. Thats when I experienced a BSOD out of nowhere, and I am concerned. 

Basically, I am wondering what caused it. The only things I have done is

• Installed new windows updates
  • Attempted to update Java, which crashed in the middle of the install

Anyone have any ideas as to what may have caused it? Any solutions? I am not experienced when it comes to software, so...

Is everything running at stock? Is XMP enabled?

Is everything running at stock? Is XMP enabled?

All components (GPU, CPU, etc) are running at stock speeds. What is XMP?

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI B85I | Stock cooler | RAM: 8gb DDR3 RAM 1600mhz | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked w/ACX cooling | Storage: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window

All components (GPU, CPU, etc) are running at stock speeds. What is XMP?

Oh okay, XMP is a memory profile, you don't need to worry about it since you have 1600mhz RAM. Never Mind that.

It might just be a random crash, it's pretty unlikely but sometimes PC's can just randomly crash from an unrecoverable software error.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens multiple times.

Oh okay, XMP is a memory profile, you don't need to worry about it since you have 1600mhz RAM. Never Mind that.

It might just be a random crash, it's pretty unlikely but sometimes PC's can just randomly crash from an unrecoverable software error.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens multiple times.

I checked windows event viewer, and it seems to be the failed java install. So far, Ive just uninstall those java updater programs.

After getting out of chat with windows tech support, im thinking of just doing a reinstall of windows. I keep getting tons of errors every single day in event viewer. They seem to be harmless really. Ive been getting them since I installed steam 3 days after I got my PC lol.