Tips for upgrading

Vetcher

I have  a i3 3240 and asus P8h61-mx and sparkle gt 630. What do I need to buy? A new proc and mobo or a new gpu?

I have  a i3 3240 and asus P8h61-mx and sparkle gt 630. What do I need to buy? A new proc and mobo or a new gpu?

New gpu what's your budget?

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

New GPU, something like a R9 270/270X would work well :)

What's your budget though?

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Budget ? Also one fact that's quite important that is the wattage of your power supply if it can support the future upgrađed components

Spoiler

New gpu what's your budget?

I think about 200-300$

New GPU, something like a R9 270/270X would work well :)

What's your budget though?

I think about 200-300$

I think about 200-300$

What's your PSU?

What's your PSU?

Stock psu with my chassis its a 500w

Get a proper graphics card before anything else. Absolutely the first thing you should upgrade. (Just make sure your PSU can handle it.) you can get a really kickass GPU for that money.

Get a proper graphics card before anything else. Absolutely the first thing you should upgrade. (Just make sure your PSU can handle it.) you can get a really kickass GPU for that money.

Okay :)

270, 270x or 750ti. Maybe a 280 or a 960 but you may start to bottleneck.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

270, 270x or 750ti. Maybe a 280 or a 960 but you may start to bottleneck.

Im planing to buy a 970

All if want to really upgrade

I cant afford to buy it all HAHAHA

Im planing to buy a 970

After some quick searches, it appears that the 970 will work without bottlenecking but only just barely.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I cant afford to buy it all HAHAHA

get 960 and some memory if you have 4gb you haven't write the ram

Catman - a Wolverine wanna be 

All and all some very good suggestions, personally I would be buying a decent case, as this could be part of the next three builds (a half reasonable case will set you up or a poor case will just be the bane of you machine)

That sparkle gt 630 card you have runs PCIe 2.0 x16 but according to the mobo specs you MAY* be capable of utilising a lane of PCIe 3.0 x16 so a video card that has GDDR5 would be the better choice.

The downside is that your mobo supports onboard video output and it also only has SATA 3Gb/s which is half the speed of a cheap 250Gb SSD which is a worthwhile upgrade to increase speed and is reuseable down the track.

Only upgarde the video card if your current CPU supports the PCIe 3.0 (right at the bottom of the specs sheet Asus says "Note:- *1: PCIe 3.0 speed is supported by Intel ® 3rd generation processors." Otherwise as suggested above spend some coin on a good case (and a can of paint if you dislike the colour!) and the SSD.

Did you watch the LTT YouTube $300 scrapyard challenge? -click here-

newegg SAPPHIRE 100364L Radeon R9 270X 2GB around the $145USD -free game and mail back discount!! -click here-

newegg 250Gb Crucial BX100 SSD around the $100USD -click here-

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

All and all some very good suggestions, personally I would be buying a decent case, as this could be part of the next three builds (a half reasonable case will set you up or a poor case will just be the bane of you machine)

That sparkle gt 630 card you have runs PCIe 2.0 x16 but according to the mobo specs you MAY* be capable of utilising a lane of PCIe 3.0 x16 so a video card that has GDDR5 would be the better choice.

The downside is that your mobo supports onboard video output and it also only has SATA 3Gb/s which is half the speed of a cheap 250Gb SSD which is a worthwhile upgrade to increase speed and is reuseable down the track.

Only upgarde the video card if your current CPU supports the PCIe 3.0 (right at the bottom of the specs sheet Asus says "Note:- *1: PCIe 3.0 speed is supported by Intel ® 3rd generation processors." Otherwise as suggested above spend some coin on a good case (and a can of paint if you dislike the colour!) and the SSD.

Did you watch the LTT YouTube $300 scrapyard challenge? -click here-

newegg SAPPHIRE 100364L Radeon R9 270X 2GB around the $145USD -free game and mail back discount!! -click here-

newegg 250Gb Crucial BX100 SSD around the $100USD -click here-

Thank you so much