Curemylife's ELP

Curemylife

Hi!

I haven't been a very active poster on this forum but a long time lurker as you can problably see on my member number.

I like doing small projects just to escape boredom and since i like to build computer I rather often mix these two "interests" together. Most projects stay as prototypes and since I've built  so many I decided to name this thread "Curemylife's ELP (Endless Loop of Prototypes)".

The first project I will share with you today will be an already half finished one, it does not have a name nor will it ever have one but since this is the first one i will share with you guys.. it shall have the number 1.

I would like to share two more things,

1. Everything i make is from my own garage made with tools that are as common as cabs in New York so if you see something you like, copy it, it wasn't hard.)

2. Most things I make mostly remain unfinished but somethings will be ordered to be made by professionals without the errors and the things I would like to change.

Well then, here is "Protoype 1":

mPsPOaq.jpgNF6Hckk.jpgB5D5xwl.jpgXK9pDiy.jpg

VNOuc3A.jpg7vjgrnH.jpgGUeUmwa.jpgEskDvxN.jpgeN6YTIO.jpg

Processor: Xeon E3-1270 v3 (essentially a 4770)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact

Memory: 8GB 1600mhz Crucial VLP

Graphics: Asus GTX 760 Mini

Powersupply: Silverstone sx500-lg

Storage: 120GB Samsung SSD

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Fancy build. This thread sounds pretty cool!

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)     

The pictures spoiler doesn't show anything for me... sounds cool though! :D

Fancy build. This thread sounds pretty cool!

The pictures spoiler doesn't show anything for me... sounds cool though! :D

That was some fast responses!

Just added the photos, the last picture I put in was just a test to see if all of the hardware still worked and to get some idea of temperature levels.

It's far from done though, and now I i have to decide what to do for side panels, or if I should rebuild the frame to better accomodate the sides.

Total volume right now is about 9.5 litres.

Stay tuned... i hope^^

Well, The next iteration of whatever this is will be continuing soon.

3D parts as well as the next "concept" design should be ready next week, I'll try to make some renders just for fun but I'm guessing none will be holding their breath for it;)

Well, The next iteration of whatever this is will be continuing soon.

3D parts as well as the next "concept" design should be ready next week, I'll try to make some renders just for fun but I'm guessing none will be holding their breath for it;)

says who lol I kinda like these builds

• 3 weeks later...

says who lol I kinda like these builds

We'll then we agree!

Small update after a long time.. Since i started and finished my idea through SketchUp I realized that there are thousands of ways to make this case happen....

And I'm having a little bit of a hard time deciding what to do with this case, should i completely go for the small form factor or perhaps maybe some storage?

I have another m-itx case project coming up that will be more NAS-server oriented but maybe that's the one that should be as tiny as possible?

Please, If anyone of you have an idea of what you would do with an itx case (no watercooling though, I have reserved that privilege for my main computer which doesn't get hardware updates every month:P) please let me know, what would YOU make?

(oh and also, instead of outsourcing all of the fun work of 3D printing... I bought a 3D printer! It's done and ready for action but I will only use it for smaller parts)

If you have a NAS. I would just go for a 1tb ssd and have a sff case also if you have a 3d printer print an ssd cover so that you can see it :D

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)     

If you have a NAS. I would just go for a 1tb ssd and have a sff case also if you have a 3d printer print an ssd cover so that you can see it :D

Haha well, I have my main PC which is running a 1tb 1GB/s ssd and is mainly for the normal day to day stuff as well as gaming.

Then I have two m-itx motherboards one Xeon processor and the tiny GPU in the first post. Also laying around is 2x3tb hdd's and one 120gbssd...

So my plan was to make one of these as a NAS and the other one as a small gaming/desktop pc, but I'm not really sure of which one to make super tiny or both sort of the same size.

I guess my main problem has gone back to form factor, will I persue a very tiny system or maybe make them stackable?(:o

Thanks for the input! I'm guessing you like showing of components in general? Maybe I should make something of a Display case sort of thing? Feel free to just make a sketch on a piece of paper, I love getting design ideas in any form!^^