looking for advice on on 1st water build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FT3CQ7

(evga 1000w g2 psu is in the mail atm)

i want to cool both gpu in the loop. not sure what water blocks or how many rads i should get.

i would like to keep use of at least 2 of my 3.5 bays

would this be possible with around $500 usd?

post-242202-0-76361000-1437379684_thumb.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FT3CQ7

(evga 1000w g2 psu is in the mail atm)

i want to cool both gpu in the loop. not sure what water blocks or how many rads i should get.

i would like to keep use of at least 2 of my 3.5 bays

would this be possible with around $500 usd?

heres what you should do.....you should give me your motherboard.

askdjfasdf

That's going to be a tight fit if you want to keep both your drive cages. But WHY DO YOU HAVE 2?!? You only need 1 lol, just stick the 3.5 drive in the cage with the ssd. Problem solved.

Go to ekwb, they have some great water cooling blocks for your GPU. 

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)     

those things usually suck....you have an amazing motherboard that has amazing fan control software.....use it damn it

would 5 fan headers be enough?

if you need a fan controllers grab a swiftech fan controller theyre pretty nice but you can also use a y cable and use 2 fans per header if need be.

askdjfasdf

Don't waste money on that, if you REALLY need a fan controller, just go with a cheap one on Amazon, they are all the same. Plus you have a really nice mobo, why not utilise the fan hub there?

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)     

Don't waste money on that, if you REALLY need a fan controller, just go with a cheap one on Amazon, they are all the same. Plus you have a really nice mobo, why not utilise the fan hub there?

id kill for that board.....its limited edition i think....

askdjfasdf

it is limited edition, but it really dont seem all the limited. mines number 8145.  im using all but 2 headers so far. ill look into that adapter for two on one. what size rads should i try to fit. i was going to move the drives to the far one to make room for a triple in the front, the top has mounts for a triple up top as well, but im not sure it will fit with the disk drive.

it is limited edition, but it really dont seem all the limited. mines number 8145.  im using all but 2 headers so far. ill look into that adapter for two on one. what size rads should i try to fit. i was going to move the drives to the far one to make room for a triple in the front, the top has mounts for a triple up top as well, but im not sure it will fit with the disk drive.

well it lokks like you have the obsidian 750 d i maybe wrong but it should have ssd caddies on the back there slap the ssd back there and hmmm....maybe a dual 240s? someone help we need an expert!

askdjfasdf

well it lokks like you have the obsidian 750 d i maybe wrong but it should have ssd caddies on the back there slap the ssd back there and hmmm....maybe a dual 240s? someone help we need an expert!

i have a 120 ssd in there for my os. the hdd is all my games, but yes its the 750d. i linked my full build in the op

i have a 120 ssd in there for my os. the hdd is all my games, but yes its the 750d. i linked my full build in the op

just throw the ssd on the caddies behind your back panel and then take out the cage your ssd was in

askdjfasdf

i have a 120 ssd in there for my os. the hdd is all my games

just throw the ssd on the caddies behind your back panel and then take out the cage your ssd was in

that is where it is at, i just have one 500Gb hdd in the main cage.

that is where it is at, i just have one 500Gb hdd in the main cage.

ah then yeah toss out that other cage.

askdjfasdf

Swiftech make a PWM splitter PCB which should allow you to run as many fans as needed:

http://www.swiftech.com/8-waypwmsplitter.aspx

If you go with PWM fans, you should be able to control them all from your motherboard

with that (not individually, obviously, but that's not really needed anyway).

As for general feasability:

• CPU block: EKWB, Watercool Heatkiller, Aquacomputer Kryos, XSPC Raystorm are

recommendations which come to mind off the top of my head. But in the end, most

blocks perform about the same these days, within a few degrees, so it doesn't

matter all that much. Pick the one you like best based on looks IMHO.

• GPU blocks: Pretty much same as CPU block.
  • Pump: Laing D5/MCP655. There are various brands offering this one, it's always

the same pump made by Laing. Very long-lived, well-built and low-noise.

• Reserveroir: Pick what you like, doesn't matter much. Personally I rather

like Aquacomputer's Aqualis ones, but he XSPC Photon is neat too. Or you can

go with a bay reservoir. Have a look at what's available, pick something you

like.

• Fittings: Bitspwer is king, but also very expensive and sometimes hard to

get. EKWB also make nice ones and they seem to work well from what I've seen

on the web. I also have some Monsoon fittings, they're nice too.

• Hardline vs. soft tubing: Matter of preference to be honest. If it's your

first time building a loop and you want to go hardline, order some extra

tubing because you'll probably waste some when trying to figure things out.

It's not super difficult, just will take some practice to get the hang of it.

That's what comes to mind off the top of my head, gotta dash now. In general,

yeah, I'd say 500ish could be feasible.

EDIT: Forgot radiators, but out of time, be back later.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

q

Are the Aquacomputer Aqualis ones glass?

MNPC or someone related to them uploaded a video about the glass ones recently, apparently they some issues with leaking from not sealing properly.

I'll see if I can find the video.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Yea, I think the white is.

Yea, I think the white is.

they list it as limited and number each one, mines 8145, imho thats not really all that limited 

Are the Aquacomputer Aqualis ones glass?

MNPC or someone related to them uploaded a video about the glass ones recently, apparently they some issues with leaking from not sealing properly.

I'll see if I can find the video.

Yeah, the Aqualis is glass. It can be tricky to get a tight seal if you don't assemble it

correctly, but it can be completely disassembled and reassembled by hand (and the glass can

be washed in the dishwasher :D ), so if you have a leak between the acetal and the glass

you can just redo it. It has happened to me, but as long as you make sure the O-rings are

wet when you assemble it (so as to prevent the rubber from being damaged when the acetal

and glass turn against each other) you shouldn't suffer any long-term consequences. Just

do a proper leak test before turning on your system. The reservoirs themselves are very

well-made, but yes, you do need to take some care when assembling it (mainly, you need

to tighten that sucker down with quite a lot of force, more than I would have expected to

be honest).

Also, even if you do manage to damage the O-rings, you can get spare parts easily (hasn't

happened to me though).

@Vudian: http://www.xtremerigs.net/

They have quite a few in-depth reviews on w/c parts, might be worth a look.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

they list it as limited and number each one, mines 8145, imho thats not really all that limited 

Yea :P

Yeah, the Aqualis is glass. It can be tricky to get a tight seal if you don't assemble it

correctly, but it can be completely disassembled and reassembled by hand (and the glass can

be washed in the dishwasher :D ), so if you have a leak between the acetal and the glass

you can just redo it. It has happened to me, but as long as you make sure the O-rings are

wet when you assemble it (so as to prevent the rubber from being damaged when the acetal

and glass turn against each other) you shouldn't suffer any long-term consequences. Just

do a proper leak test before turning on your system. The reservoirs themselves are very

well-made, but yes, you do need to take some care when assembling it (mainly, you need

to tighten that sucker down with quite a lot of force, more than I would have expected to

be honest).

Also, even if you do manage to damage the O-rings, you can get spare parts easily (hasn't

happened to me though).

@Vudian: http://www.xtremerigs.net/

They have quite a few in-depth reviews on w/c parts, might be worth a look.

ill check that out when i get off of work, thank you very much