Help with RMAing a GPU.

Hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong form, but I am a bit stressed out because I have to send my GPU back to Asus and have no idea how to pack/what supplies I will need. So I guess that is my question... how should I package the GPU and what supplies do I need to buy?

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Exactly how you got it, anti-static bag, box, everything ,  think they will let you off with the paperworkand the  'do not eat', but as similar to receipt as poss..

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Read through everything on the ASUS website regarding RMA. When I had to send in my EVGA card, then they wanted me to send in the card. And ONLY the card.

Pack it in the box it came with (if you still have it), or else find a suitable box to pack it down in. Oh, and take pictures of it before you send it off. They can be used to prove any damages in shipping, etc.

Read through everything on the ASUS website regarding RMA. When I had to send in my EVGA card, then they wanted me to send in the card. And ONLY the card.

Pack it in the box it came with (if you still have it), or else find a suitable box to pack it down in. Oh, and take pictures of it before you send it off. They can be used to prove any damages in shipping, etc.

I wish I could send it in the original box but it says not to right in the email. Thank you for your help!

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Exactly how you got it, anti-static bag, box, everything , think they will let you off with the paperworkand the 'do not eat', but as similar to receipt as poss..

That is what I was going to do, I just wanted to make sure there was not anything special I should do with it.

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

I wish I could send it in the original box but it says not to right in the email. Thank you for your help!

So to them the box is OK to get the card from them to you but not from you to them.

If there is an email follow that , even if it seems counter-intuative, if it is sent as they want they can't whinge that it wasn't packaged properly.

Did it perhaps say "don't RMA it in the box ... without..."?

"This too shall pass"

Place it in an anti static bag, wrap it in protective material(foam, bubble wrap, w/e), and place it in a box. Fill the box with something like packing peanuts and seal it. Print off the RMA form and send it in they will send you a new or refurbished one in a new box with new accessories.

So to them the box is OK to get the card from them to you but not from you to them.

If there is an email follow that , even if it seems counter-intuative, if it is sent as they want they can't whinge that it wasn't packaged properly.

Did it perhaps say "don't RMA it in the box ... without..."?

Nope, It's don't use the original box... at all. I have also got it all packaged with help from everyone who posted.

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

Place it in an anti static bag, wrap it in protective material(foam, bubble wrap, w/e), and place it in a box. Fill the box with something like packing peanuts and seal it. Print off the RMA form and send it in they will send you a new or refurbished one in a new box with new accessories.

Thanks for the help! I have it packaged nice and secure and it will be going out Monday!

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

Speaking about RMA's, is MSI good at them? Just curious if something ever happends to my 980Ti.

Also, does the card get send all the way to the US (i live in Europe)

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Speaking about RMA's, is MSI good at them? Just curious if something ever happends to my 980Ti.

Also, does the card get send all the way to the US (i live in Europe)

I don't know about MSI's RMA service, but I think if you were to send out your card it would come to the US... I'm not for sure though.

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

Nope, It's don't use the original box... at all.

Glad you got it sorted .

I do not understand their thinking as regards using the original box

"This too shall pass"

Glad you got it sorted .

I do not understand their thinking as regards using the original box

Me too! Thanks for the help!

Me neither, I can imagine the conversation at Asus being something like this: "Well sir, if we let the consumer use the box that is perfect for the item being sent back, there is no chance of damage." "Well, we can't let that happen!"

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear