What sleeving size do I need for sleeving 2 cables in one sleeve?

HmtVKw9x

IMO sleeving individual cables is too much work and too expensive, so that's why I want to do two wires in one sleeve. I'm not sure what size I'll need though...

IMO sleeving individual cables is too much work and too expensive, so that's why I want to do two wires in one sleeve. I'm not sure what size I'll need though...

It would be some work to get the connector ends to work out since your sleeving two wires in one. I would suggest purchasing sleeved extensions instead if you don't want to do all the work and still keep it budget friendly.

However is you really want to do this I believe something like 6-8mm, more so 8mm can allow you to fit two conductors into a single sleeve. I'd personally heatshrink each end of the every wire first then sleeve the two wires and do an overall heatshrink over the two. This will prevent any color or ends of the wires to show easily.

It would be some work to get the connector ends to work out since your sleeving two wires in one. I would suggest purchasing sleeved extensions instead if you don't want to do all the work and still keep it budget friendly.

However is you really want to do this I believe something like 6-8mm, more so 8mm can allow you to fit two conductors into a single sleeve. I'd personally heatshrink each end of the every wire first then sleeve the two wires and do an overall heatshrink over the two. This will prevent any color or ends of the wires to show easily.

Thanks for the reply.

Two reasons why I don't want to use extensions:

The main reason is that I barely have enough room hide away the current cables nicely in my case, and extensions will only add more cables that I have to hide somewhere.

Secondly, my initial idea was to only sleeve the cables to a point where they're no longer visible, which saves a LOT of sleeving (and I'll only do the MoBo, CPU and GPU connectors, and most likely the fans (only the visible ones). In this way it'll be cheaper as opposed to buying extensions (Under €20 as opposed to over €30!)

What do you think of this method? (I'm not planning on changing my case any time in the near future, so I don't have to worry about it not working out for a new case. My current case is the Cooler Master N300 BTW)

Edit: Linus also did it this way back in the day (sleeving two cables in one sleeve) - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz7J_0fS2KU

-SNIP-

If you want to sleeve it up to a certain point then I guess you can, just don't forget though to include pin removal tools into your budget or a crimper if you plan to make or modify cables.

Thanks for the reply.

Two reasons why I don't want to use extensions:

The main reason is that I barely have enough room hide away the current cables nicely in my case, and extensions will only add more cables that I have to hide somewhere.

Secondly, my initial idea was to only sleeve the cables to a point where they're no longer visible, which saves a LOT of sleeving (and I'll only do the MoBo, CPU and GPU connectors, and most likely the fans (only the visible ones). In this way it'll be cheaper as opposed to buying extensions (Under €20 as opposed to over €30!)

What do you think of this method? (I'm not planning on changing my case any time in the near future, so I don't have to worry about it not working out for a new case. My current case is the Cooler Master N300 BTW)

Edit: Linus also did it this way back in the day (sleeving two cables in one sleeve) -

I'd advise doing the whole thing as it really isn't much extra work...

also, regular is 1/8th inch cord, so between 3/16th and 1/4th they should both work (depends on thickness of wire for preference/ease)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

If you want to sleeve it up to a certain point then I guess you can, just don't forget though to include pin removal tools into your budget or a crimper if you plan to make or modify cables.

^This.

also, keep in mind that if you are careful with removing you wont need to mess with terminals. I'd highly advise the pin removal tool I've done some work without one and I wish I had one every single time. paperclips suck.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

^This.

also, keep in mind that if you are careful with removing you wont need to mess with terminals. I'd highly advise the pin removal tool I've done some work without one and I wish I had one every single time. paperclips suck.

I've tried it with staples, and that works fine for me (not the ones for paper, but the strong ones for wood)

I'd advise doing the whole thing as it really isn't much extra work...

also, regular is 1/8th inch cord, so between 3/16th and 1/4th they should both work (depends on thickness of wire for preference/ease)

It's not so much abou t the work, but more about the extra cost of doing the whole cables. I'll see how I'll wind up doing it... Time for a bit of math :)

It's not so much abou t the work, but more about the extra cost of doing the whole cables. I'll see how I'll wind up doing it... Time for a bit of math :)

If you change your mind about individual sleeving check out Icemodz they a fairly good color sections at a reasonable prices. I've purchased from them before and it's not overly expensive and very good quality:

http://www.icemodz.com/#!/Sleeve-Connectors-and-Pins/c/5474644/inview=product22996149&offset=0&sort=normal

If you change your mind about individual sleeving check out Icemodz they a fairly good color sections at a reasonable prices. I've purchased from them before and it's not overly expensive and very good quality:

http://www.icemodz.com/#!/Sleeve-Connectors-and-Pins/c/5474644/inview=product22996149&offset=0&sort=normal

Thanks for that link! Never geard of that shop before. Those prices are less than half of what I had found yet, so then I can easily affort single sleeving. Probably just a little nicer too :D

Just placed an order at that site ^

Gonna sleeve all the wires individually.

I'll fully sleeve the CPU and GPU connectors and of the motherboard I'll only sleeve the visible part. I'll also sleeve 2 visible sata cables and some fan cables :D