Plasti Dip (SprayVinyl/Rubber)

W-L

Hey guys I ran into a pretty intresting product and wanted to know what you think about it. This stuff is like a vinyl/rubber in a aresol can, it comes multiple colours, gives a non-conducitve gippy coating and unlike spray paint it can be peel off like vinyl wrap and changed.

Plasti Dip:

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

Using it on a BMW M3:

And what? Painting your case? I think it is a good idea. I'm thinking of using Plasti Dip myself for painting my case just because if I don't like the color I can always change it later easily.

I also want to use it on my truck and triple black murder it. I think Plasti Dip also makes some spray for tinting head/read lights. Which could be good for side panel windows.

Just be careful if you paint something like your case, the extra thickness from the rubber may make things not fit properly.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

it easily peels so you can strategically peel the paint off in those areas.

a person I know used that on his rims and it lasted for a good amount of time.

edit: the spray cans are way cheaper in the U.S. so if you are a canadian driving across the border pick up a few extra cans

I've seen people use this stuff to coat the sounds cards and other PCI cards but not the entire case. The concern I have with using it to coat the entire case is that it won't loook even and smooth. Spray paint works well in my experience but requires patience.

• 2 weeks later...

Another concern should be that you should not coat with plastic/vinyl any areas that suppose to dissipate heat. It might look cool, but it will insulate your case. Be sure to have adequate cooling.

• 3 months later...

i think it would depend on how much you spray on for the heat issues, but at the same time it will help sound dampening cause its more a rubber than a paint.

I plan doing this to the prodigy case for a crazy look, when im done painting the case i will post the link to the post here.

plasti dip your case

• 2 weeks later...

I used the white one for my keyboard and it looks and feels amazing.