Noctis 450?

Arvizal

What does everyone think about this case?  I'm having crazy difficulty choosing a case. I was going to get a Enthoo Luxe, but I realized weight is an issue. A case around ~25lbs should be okay. That's around 10kg  (I think) for the non-Americans :P I don't really care for silence, but it shouldn't be like a vacuum cleaner, something decent. I REALLY like the look of the Noctis 450, but at the same time something like that Phantom 530 looks a bit cheap, especially in YouTube videos... Something like the R5 looks a bit plain..? (Don't kill me :'D) The H440 looks nice, but honestly I'm scared of denting the sound dampening foam, is that a bad thing? Here's the build, if it makes a difference: 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: One of the R9 390s
Case: 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer   

Thanks!

What does everyone think about this case?  I'm having crazy difficulty choosing a case. I was going to get a Enthoo Luxe, but I realized weight is an issue. A case around ~25lbs should be okay. That's around 10kg  (I think) for the non-Americans :P I don't really care for silence, but it shouldn't be like a vacuum cleaner, something decent. I REALLY like the look of the Noctis 450, but at the same time something like that Phantom 530 looks a bit cheap, especially in YouTube videos... Something like the R5 looks a bit plain..? (Don't kill me :'D) The H440 looks nice, but honestly I'm scared of denting the sound dampening foam, is that a bad thing? Here's the build, if it makes a difference: 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: One of the R9 390s
Case: 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer   

Thanks!

Denting the sound dampening foam isn't a big issue as you likely won't see the dented foam. The Noctia is the H440 without the foam (I think) and with a different exterior design.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Denting the sound dampening foam isn't a big issue as you likely won't see the dented foam. The Noctia is the H440 without the foam (I think) and with a different exterior design.

I might just go for the 450 then... I've heard the airflow is better in the 450, though?

I might just go for the 450 then... I've heard the airflow is better in the 450, though?

Yes, the airflow is more open, at least in the front.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Yeah denting the foam is fine, in fact it'll come a little 'dented' when you buy it, it isn't an issue at all, in fact it helps to stop the cables moving around. (But ofc it doesn't come on the 450) 

I have the black/red Noctis 450, I love it, the inside (same as the H440) is amazing to build in, and the PSU shroud makes the build look so clean. And I love the way the SSDs are mounted. Cable management in it is the easiest thing ever, you'll end up with a nice clean system.

As for improved air flow, the way the front and top is designed is meant to help improve airflow a tiny bit as it's more open than the H440, but it isn't that massive of an improvement, don't let that be your deciding factor

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I have the black/red Noctis 450, I love it, the inside (same as the H440) is amazing to build in, and the PSU shroud makes the build look so clean. And I love the way the SSDs are mounted. Cable management in it is the easiest thing ever, you'll end up with a nice clean system. 

I like how the Noctis looks more than the H440, anyway. Sounds good! I'm probably settling on it. 

I like how the Noctis looks more than the H440, anyway. Sounds good! I'm probably settling on it. 

Yeah I was the same :) 

If I had to complain about something it would just be that when you 1st install the PSU it's hard to install it then plug things in due to the shroud, but there is an easy work around for that, just make sure you plug everything in to your PSU 1st, thread it through the back then mount it, it'll save you a lot of hassle aha 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Yeah I was the same :)

If I had to complain about something it would just be that when you 1st install the PSU it's hard to install it then plug things in due to the shroud, but there is an easy work around for that, just make sure you plug everything in to your PSU 1st, thread it through the back then mount it, it'll save you a lot of hassle aha 

Will the stock out of the box cooling suffice?

Will the stock out of the box cooling suffice?

The fans that come with it are NZXT FN v2's, 3 120's and 1 140 at the back, they are actually really good for stock case fans, some of the best. They are quite enough and cool really well. 

However I did literally just today change out all my case fans for some NF-F12's and a SIlent Wing 2 140mm, BUT that is only because I fold and use boinc throughout the night and I sleep in the same room as my PC, so at night it was getting annoying having everything running at max (100% CPU and GPU usage) and the fans spinning high because of that. But during the day, during gaming, it was fine, could barely hear them over the sound of the game, and with headphones on you don't even know they are there.