CableMod added Cooler Master V Series PSU Cable sets

Original Article: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/cablemod-cooler-master-v-series-cables,29612.html

Boutique cable maker CableMod now has sets for Cooler Master's V-Series of PSUs.

You may have heard of CableMod, but if you haven't, CableMod makes sleeved cables that you can use to replace your standard power supply cables for something prettier. And oh yes, they are pretty – you don't need a good photographer to appreciate their work.

The latest news from the company is that it's introducing the cable sets for Cooler Master V-series power supplies. Up until now, sets were available for be quiet! PSUs, as well as EVGA, Corsair and Seasonic units. (Check this page for complete compatibility information.)

Of course, you can always opt to build some cables yourself with the DIY kits, but you'd have to use the cable extensions, and lose the excess clutter from your factory cable elsewhere.

Color options include black, red, yellow, blue, orange, green, white and various two-color combinations.

Each kit includes a 24-pin ATX cable, two 4+4-pin EPS (CPU Power) cables, two dual 6+2 pin PCI-E cables, four single 6+2 pin PCI-e cables, two quad SATA cables of different lengths, a dual SATA cable, a triple Molex cable, a dual Molex cable, and a Molex to Floppy power adapter.

In the U.S., Performance-PCs carries the cables, with most prices sitting at either $89.99 or $99.99 for a complete set. The CM-Series are already in stock.

While the cables look great, I'm not paying that much money for PSU cables anytime soon. I think it doesn't worth it to spend that much on cables that you aren't going to look at , at all.

Good for build competitons though.

Love mine, would buy again 10/10. Those new customizable extensions are pretty damn cool too.

Project Tomahawk:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 Mhz

GPU: Asus Strix RX 480

PSU: Corsair RM1000

Storage: 2x Western Digital 2TB Enterprise + 240GB Crucial M500 SSD

Case: Corsair Air 540

Additional: Cablemod C-Series black/red kit, SP120, AF140 and AF140 w/ red LED's all around

Project Frankenstein:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX 6100

Motherboard: MSI 970 SLI Krait Edition

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Memory: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 Mhz

GPU: MSI R9 280 3G Twin Frozr

PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W

Storage: Western Digital 1TB Enterprise + 240GB Partiot Torch SSD

Case: Fractal Design Define S

Sheila (Server):

Spoiler

Dell R210:
CPU: Intel Xeon x3450

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600 Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation 

Marvin (Server)

Spoiler

Dell R210ii

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230v2

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation

You can buy an entire PSU for the same price.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Dang that's expensive.... I'll just have to wait longer for cables.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

i had to buy 5 :( $104.75 AUD

Why did you have to buy them, couldn't you just buy the most cheapo cables on the market and saved $90?

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015

Why did you have to buy them, couldn't you just buy the most cheapo cables on the market and saved $90?

i've had faulty sata cables before, killed my raid 0, my SSD raid 0/boot drive. And these help soo much when your sata ports point outwards and you need to install 4 in a cluster. In addition to that, any other sata cable would have gotten in the way and blocked gpu airflow:

Before:

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/7995/npfZHn.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/2981/iu5y7D.jpg

After:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img910/9466/8bJNdH.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/4220/ZrRdRi.png

(PC isn't that dusty anymore, its off the floor :) )

Am i missing something here?

I have a v550 and only the SATA cables can be removed....

c09.jpg

http://cablemod.com/compatibility/

Interesting thing is that they say excluding 24-pin on the semi-modular... does that really need to be stated if the 24-pin isn't removable in the first place O_o

Am i missing something here?

I have a v550 and only the SATA cables can be removed....

Yeah, you can have individually sleeved SATA cables now :)

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

but they're selling it as a whole set...I guess the set works on all cooler master models on that list..?