Home network setup

AxelPeeters

UnPTZAN.png

Hello,

I have a couple questions/problems regarding this network.

1. Computer 1, the NAS and network printer can connect with eachoter and I can see the printer and NAS in the network layout tab without a problem, but I can't see computer 2 and 3 because they are on a different switch, they both have a good connection so it shouldn't be a problem. Computer 2 is connected via ethernet and computer 3 is directly connect via WIFI to the modem, what do I need to do to get them all on the same 'network layout'?
  2. All the computers need acces to the NAS wich is upstairs connected to the switch/wifi combo, how do I get that to work?
  3. I also need a regular (automatic) backup of a folder inside Computer 3, its a 'synology air' type of NAS so it has the in-browser OS, I found a couple tutorials but has anyone experience with it?

Thanks ahead! 

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Is your modem also a router?

probably if it has a switch built in.

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

probably if it has a switch built in.

Is your modem also a router?

The modem is just a case with a special wire from the street running into it, outputting a single ethernet cable to the central switch/wifi combo (sorry that I was unclear)

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

The modem is just a case with a special wire from the street running into it, outputting a single ethernet cable to the central switch/wifi combo (sorry that I was unclear)

if that is the case how to you have two computers also connected to it?

Without knowing exactly what modem you have, I'm led to believe you don't have a router, just the switch. But your description leads me to believe the switch with Wi-Fi might actually be a router? Try connecting everything to that.