What card should I get?

Trooper

STOP RECCOMENDING 200 SERIES GPUS. THEY ARE NOT DX12 COMPATIBLE MEANING NEWER GAMES WILL NOT SUPPORT THEM. SORRY, BUT I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS BLIND LEADING THE BLIND.

the 300 series is just a refresh "No New Silicon" besides, most developers like (Saints Row) include a DX10-11 option because not everyone will switch right away since people are still using the 200 series and not to mention the 300 series isn't fully out yet

DX12 games will come in 2016, so one year. The point is, DX12 is SO MICH better than DX11 and offers SO MANY new features that it is stupid to get a card that does not support it. DX10 to DX11 didn't offer much, so in that scenario I would agree with you. But here, there is a big difference. Presuming DX13 is another incremental update, DX12 cards should support it, because most DX 10 cards supported DX11.

It will take at least 3 years until DX12 will be fully used. Im not sure about this but I think that in 2016 the DX12 developpers kit will be launched not DX12 itself. The average triple A title takes roundabout 1 or 2 years to produce. And even if DX12 will be launched it will require a beefier PC than what you want to build.

STOP RECCOMENDING 200 SERIES GPUS. THEY ARE NOT DX12 COMPATIBLE MEANING NEWER GAMES WILL NOT SUPPORT THEM. SORRY, BUT I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS BLIND LEADING THE BLIND.

DX12 wont be widely used for atleast 3-5 years, even then, unless there is a new gen consoles, a lot of PC games (or rather console ports) will be using DX11, because THAT IS WHAT PS4 AND XBONE CAN HANDLE.

Just like today, you can still find DX9 games, like Guildwars 2, Skyrim etc because THEY WERE MADE TO CROSS PLATFORM WITH PS3 AND XBOX 360. Both of which only supports DX9 at most.

So there is that.

Also, even if it doesnt support FULL DX12, it will support DX12.0, which means it will get teh CPU overhead boost. Why do i know this? BECAUSE AMD HAS STATED THAT EVERY CARD BACK TO THE 7000 SERIES WILL SUPPORT DX12.0.

What?

Stop...

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home