Dota 2

Munus

d2header.jpg

Latest patch :

January 10, 2013

New Hero : Medusa

Patch notes

GAMEPLAY

- Witch Doctor: Fixed Aghanim's Death Ward attacking Familiars and other psuedo heroes.

- Doom: Scorched Earth now only applies damage from Doom himself, not all the units affected by his aura.

- Pudge: Fixed being able to get units stuck using Refresher.

- Keeper of the Light: Fixed Recall interaction with non-hero units.

- Fixed Armlet and Power Treads interaction.

UI

- Added a Haste button to the courier HUD element.

- Added Mid Only game mode for private lobbies (disables other lanes and allows the same hero to be selected).

- The Announcer Share dialog has been replaced with a Shared Content dialog.

- Added a badge to the top bar to count the available shared items.

- If shared content is available in a game, a message is now printed pregame.

- Added Balanced Shuffle button to non-tournament private lobbies.

- Added All Chat private lobby option for enabling voice chat among all players.

- Fixed "Equip" appearing in the right click menu for some chests.

AUDIO

- Fixed hearing the wrong announcer after equipping a new item in the loadout.

- Fixed bugs with muting cobroadcasters causing other sounds to be muted.

BOTS

- The bots are now less likely to push with more heroes than what they deem necessary (less 5-man Dota). Probably needs some tuning.

- Made bots slightly less self-concerned when considering defending an ally. Also made them more likely to jump in if they have a slow or stun.

- Bots that are capable of jungling during the laning phase may now do so.

- If purchasing an item from the secret shop would complete an item, desire for going there is now increased.

- When their next item is purchasable, their desire to farm is signficiantly reduced.

- Fixed bad tuning that was causing bots to almost never farm lanes.

- Improved bot responsiveness to pings on Roshan.

- Bots are now less likely to assume that humans will purchase wards.

I have 4 dota 2 invites as well, got them yesterday.

Guess everyone in beta has this than as I do as well :P

Nevermind, a generous person from this forum already sent some.

I am giving away 4 dota 2 invites to anyone who is interested :)

I'll go for an invite :)

Thanks,

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

I am giving away 4 dota 2 invites to anyone who is interested :)
I'll go for an invite :) Thanks' date='[/quote']

Going to need more details for you to get a invite lol. They're not dota 2 keys, they're dota 2 gifted from steam.

I still have some,just pm me with the e-mail or steam id so i can send them

I still have some' date='just pm me with the e-mail or steam id so i can send them[/quote']

Same here.

13 Invites here! PM and we'll figure it out :D

My understanding of dota2 is it's like the fun part of mmorpgs without all the grinding to get there. Is this right? I almost bought it a few times and would have got it on the steam sale if I hadn't already spent too much on other games I probably won't play very much. It does look fun though.

Well imagine it like you are non-stop in a battleground and everyone is the same,no one is overpowered or has better items from the start,if you are good and play well and your team plays well you get good items, fight win,then in the next game you start again from 0

The gamestyle is called MOBA first it was a mod for Warcraft 3 D.O.T.A then some rip-offs came like LoL,HoN

My understanding of dota2 is it's like the fun part of mmorpgs without all the grinding to get there. Is this right? I almost bought it a few times and would have got it on the steam sale if I hadn't already spent too much on other games I probably won't play very much. It does look fun though.
Hmm not quite, Dota 2 is in its own genre of games. It's more comparable to LoL than any MMORPG.

You shouldn't have to buy it because it's going to be F2P. Also, some members here have free invites so I'm sure getting your hands on a beta key will not be too difficult.

It's not an MMORPG, it's a RTS game though. It came from Warcraft III Frozen Throne when a guy called "Ice Frog" created a custom map with the help of a guy called "Guinsoo" and others. Then this, "Guinsoo" guy decided to leave the DotA development team and decided to make his own RTS which is called "League of Legends".

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

got a heck lot of keys.. i don't really play the game though.. because i already play it for 3 years and still sucks really bad

I have like 9 Dota 2 invites, if anyone wants one PM me your steam, I'll add you and trade (Providing you don't already have the game)

Well imagine it like you are non-stop in a battleground and everyone is the same,no one is overpowered or has better items from the start,if you are good and play well and your team plays well you get good items, fight win,then in the next game you start again from 0

The gamestyle is called MOBA first it was a mod for Warcraft 3 D.O.T.A then some rip-offs came like LoL,HoN

No one is overpowered. That used to be true until they for some reason buffed Drow 0.o anyway its still a fun game

hah ill add a dota 2 gift to the pot as well. just add me on steam (D1G1TALD3ATH) and ask for dota 2