Windows Screensavers?

Go to solution Solved by Lolzious,

^^ what he said

No need for screen savers anymore

Just today I started wondering, if Microsoft supplies additional screensavers for their operating systems?

I did not manage to find official, additional screensavers on their end, and the few that are integrated on Windows 8.1 are quite rubbish.

Can anyone redirect me to a legit, clean site with a good array of screensavers for Windows 8.1?

Never really bothered to search before, and Google spews out all kinds of hog/adware sites filled with whatnots and doodads.

The reason screensavers exist is because people used CRTs, which could suffer from burn in. 

So searching screensavers just gets you a ton of crap from a while back, screensavers are not relevant anymore. 

I honestly don't think people even make them anymore and am surprised that it is still a feature of Windows. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

The reason screensavers exist is because people used CRTs, which could suffer from burn in. 

So searching screensavers just gets you a ton of crap from a while back, screensavers are not relevant anymore. 

I honestly don't think people even make them anymore and am surprised that it is still a feature of Windows. 

Exactly why I've never asked myself this question before.

Have been on a flat LCD panel for so many years now.

Still, something makes me want to look at a cool animation for 10 minutes before the screen just turns off.

Adds ambience, if that makes sense.

^^ what he said

No need for screen savers anymore

You just screwed my light bulb!

Will just look into creating my own ones, personal preference - what can I do.

:rolleyes:

Exactly why I've never asked myself this question before.

Have been on a flat LCD panel for so many years now.

Still, something makes me want to look at a cool animation for 10 minutes before the screen just turns off.

Adds ambience, if that makes sense.

Nvidia made some when the 200 series came out. If that helps. I think there was one with a train. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz