When do you think it's time for me to upgrade the whole PC?

Jerombolo

I think it was Paul who said that you would want to upgrade your GPU all 1-2 years and your whole system all 3-5 years? I don't know it exactly anymore. My current build has a Sabertooth Z87, i7-4771, 16GB 2133mhz DDR3 and a Asus GTX 770. I game in 1080p. GTA looks like on Xbox 360 in my opinion. When do you think I should upgrade? Should I wait until good Skylake and Z170 reviews have come out?

You upgrade when you don't get the performance you desire. If you are happy with your PC right now then wait for Skylake but if you aren't then feel free to upgrade.

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

I think it was Paul who said that you would want to upgrade your GPU all 1-2 years and your whole system all 3-5 years? I don't know it exactly anymore. My current build has a Sabertooth Z87, i7-4771, 16GB 2133mhz DDR3 and a Asus GTX 770. I game in 1080p. GTA looks like on Xbox 360 in my opinion. When do you think I should upgrade? Should I wait until good Skylake and Z170 reviews have come out?

I think you are good lol. Except maybe a get a better GPU like a 970 or R9 380

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I would definitly wait at least half a year or maybe even a full year. Until then prices for the currently new GPUs will have decreased and new, better processers will (hopefully) have been released.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Your CPU is fine, and it will be for quite a few more years, assuming you aren't doing CPU intensive productivity work. Your GPU could be replaced, though I would only get a 980ti or higher so that there is a big performance boost.

Hmm, I'll see. The local electronical shop is always a good source. I'll see. Maybe my GPU will break off all the sudden  :ph34r:

Your CPU is fine, and it will be for quite a few more years, assuming you aren't doing CPU intensive productivity work. Your GPU could be replaced, though I would only get a 980ti or higher so that there is a big performance boost.

I might grab an Asus 980Ti Strix

Upgrade when you want to and when your are financially available to. My dad builds a new high end system every 5 years and decides whether it's worth upgrading the GPU about 2-3 years into the lifeline of his current PC.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Don't upgrade until you feel your PC isn't giving you the performance you want. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Upgrade when you want to and when your are financially available to. My dad builds a new high end system every 5 years and decides whether it's worth upgrading the GPU about 2-3 years into the lifeline of his current PC.

Money isn't a problem to be honest^^ But 800CHF for a GPU is expensive. I know it will last 2-3 years or even more but *mmm* My mam has the full legal right about 2 bank accounts. I worked, earned money but she will say something when I ask for 800bucks out of nowhere...

is that a 4gb 770? that gpu is perfectly fine. don't waste money until you can't run games anymore. if its the 4gb version just get a second one.

wow... pretty empty here...

is that a 4gb 770? that gpu is perfectly fine. don't waste money until you can't run games anymore. if its the 4gb version just get a second one.

2GB version. I won't do SLI.

2GB version. I won't do SLI.

cool cool. ugrade the 770 when games don't run anymore. the rest of the system won't be outdated too soon

wow... pretty empty here...