Build Log Animation Request Poll!

Hey LTT community! (Again)

Sorry to mods if this belongs in off topic but it seems quite "On Topic" <3

Who Am I?

Hi I'm Harry, I am a Graphic Design/Illustration student in the UK and all round Design nerd! I am currently studying illustration with traditional media so this is a good chance to get back to my roots with vectors!

TL;WR
Pick a build from the list below that you want to see made into an Illustration, super simple!

What is this?
Who are you? What is this treachery!

This is a a result of this thread and also this Reddit post and the popularity my work has received from the tech community.

k2UX6Oem.jpgVygb5Yom.jpgZOXR3a0m.jpg
kabEwE7m.jpgn3GEzWnm.jpgZtwN1u7m.jpg

Basically the following 3 (read 4) builds are all in the running to be made into illustration similar to the ones above BUT with full animated build log included.

NZXT H440 "Hornet"

Following images are ENORMOUS.

YciGgEJ.gif

Parvum S2.0 "Blue & Yellow"

Following images are ENORMOUS.

JzMxopO.gif

So what are the Builds?
Let me show you!

Enthoo EVOLV "Ocean"

Themes: White with blue highlights, a real focus on showing off water cooling and less about the components.
Paltform: Z97
MOBO: Asus Z97 Gryphon Armour Edition (Re-Coloured White)
GPU(s): 2x AMD R9 Fury X's with EK-FC R9 Fury X Acetal covers
Cooling: Apogee XL in Poly, Hardline tubing, EK HDC Fittings in White, 2x XSPC AX240 in White.

Parvum S2.0 "Fire & Ice"

Themes: Red and White just like the lord Parvum Intended.
Paltform: Z97
MOBO: Maximus VII Gene
GPU(s): 2x ASUS R9 390x with EK-FC R9-290X DCII Acetal +Nickel full blocks.
Cooling: EK Supremacy EVO White Edition, Hardline tubing, EK HDC Fittings in White, 2x XSPC AX240 in White.

CaseLabs Magnum STH10 "GODLIKE"

Themes: White, Red, hundreds of fittings and super Aggressive. The ultimate watercooled build.
Paltform: X99
MOBO: MSI X99A GODLIKE Gaming (Re-coloured possibly)
GPU(s): 4x GTX 980 with Swiftech Komodo-NV-GTX9
Cooling: Apogee XL in Black, Hardline tubing, EK HDC Fittings in White,
2x XSPC AX480 and 1x AX360 in White.
Possible RAM cooled as well to fill space.

Community Choice

Themes: Well you obviously don't like my choices so pick your own!

** Voting will close on the 19th of July **

​                                                                                                                                                       

The List

The official list AND order in which request will be done. Do not dispute the list, it is God.

1. Sapphire R9 Fury TRI-X
  2. Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X
  3. MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr V
  4. Radeon R9 295x2
  5. R9 Fury X
  6. R9 Nano

This list is the final say, do not dispute or try to queue hop (unless you are a vendor and you have a new card that you want to secretly give me, that would be fine). 

These will be done at my discretion as they are done for FREE, please remember that!

No Longer Taking Requests

Common Questions
Cut down on Forum spam!

These are fake then, huh?

Nope, these are 100% my own work and each one is made up of between 100 and 5000 separate shapes all layered up to create the image you see above!

Soooo they're traced?

Still nope, they are measured before hand and the individual components get made and positioned, this is why there are a few mistakes and differences, this allows me to make them more "artworky" and less technical specs sheet!

I have seen these before, did you steal them?

If you have seen these before then you either follow my Instagram or are part of the PCMR sub-reddit. I do post their occasionally and I got a reasonable amount of publicity last year for a Parvum (awesome case makers) build that I animated!

Can I have these as a wallpaper?

Yes of course! All of the images linked here are wallpaper sized (3840x2160)

Can you do my build?

Potentially! This is why I am asking the LTT community if they're interested in voting on build for me to make, these of course are 100% free and would be entirely decided upon by community feedback. 

How long does it take you?

Depends on the complexity, a single GPU could take an hour while a fully animated build could take 2-3 days of work.

When will it be done?

If you're willing to pay, I can give you an end date. As I am doing this in my spare time for free, well I can give you a Linus deadline, "In the future sometime."

Anything Else?

Is he still talking?

Nope that's it! Pick a build, peruse my work and maybe drop a request!

~ Harry

**Update 14/07/15**

I won't be able to respond to any questions today or tomorrow due to a planned power cut for the next 32 hours (I know, screw me right?). Sorry for any inconvenience!

That looks amazing.

Apart from the fact that the SP120s in the front of both of the animations you posted are the wrong way around, which would lead to negative air pressure...  :lol: JK, well done ;)

That looks amazing.

Apart from the fact that the SP120s in the front of both of the animations you posted are the wrong way around, which would lead to negative air pressure...  :lol: JK, well done ;)

The advantage of artwork is you don't have to worry about dust and can focus on aesthetics  :D

The advantage of artwork is you don't have to worry about dust and can focus on aesthetics  :D

Yup, thats true...

BUT. IT. DRIVES. ME. CRAZY  :angry:

u pro illustrator make me feel like my art sux compared to u

Hardly a fair fight! I have 2+ years of formal training and 5+ dicking about on varoius applications!  :D

Just a quick update, I won't be available tomorrow or the rest of today due to planned power cuts (who does that?!) for maintenance.

So awesome!

Thanks!

(don't forget to vote <3)

Thanks!

(don't forget to vote <3)

post-225473-0-86673900-1436917403.gif

post-225473-0-86673900-1436917403.gif

99 Kid. Yes. A 'Youngster'.

World famous Couchpotatoe.

LMG should be freelancing this guy for all their build logs. This is very good work, slow them down a bit and they'd be perfect.

Give this guy money, Linus.

KILLING IS HIS BUSINESS...

AND BUSINESS

IS GOOD!

Come on ... Let me see my suggestion ( GODLIKE ) come real ... 

@Thermal : Another suggestion would be a black and White build with a Z170 MSI SLI Krait and 4 GTX 980Ti Hybrid ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

LMG should be freelancing this guy for all their build logs. This is very good work, slow them down a bit and they'd be perfect.

Give this guy money, Linus.

Well if they want to talk I'm here! I'm in talks with some Vendors/Component companies atm though so not the end of the world if I can't add LMG to my clientèle list but it would be a dream come true!

Come on ... Let me see my suggestion ( GODLIKE ) come real ... 

@Thermal : Another suggestion would be a black and White build with a Z170 MSI SLI Krait and 4 GTX 980Ti Hybrid ... 

Shhhh! That was for round two of the community choice!  ;)

Have a friend who built with the Krait, such a beautiful board  :D

Welp. That's this thread favourited.

Seriously, they look really good. So good that I can't decide.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

**Shameless Bump**

I needed a good reason to bump so I guess this is a good taster! I am back from my forced absence, power has been restored and it has caused a few issues. BUT, I come bearing some .gifs and a single new GPU! Hopefully I can sort out the outage related issues and be on my way but this won't effect the voting!  :P 

Sapphire Fury Tri-X & The venerable Asus Strix 390x!

Huge images, you have been warned.

T5aMirj.gifleyWF5t.gif

Sapphire Fury Tri-X Wallaper

HknfMDkh.jpg

3dfx Voodoo5 6000. xD

Or an XFX R9 295x2, beautiful card (or a GTX Titan?).

Nice images, keep up the good work! :)

This is plain awesome

Is it possible for the EVGA Hybrid 980ti/TitanX to be made?

Plus how long did it take you to make these?

This is plain awesome

Is it possible for the EVGA Hybrid 980ti/TitanX to be made?

Plus how long did it take you to make these?

An hour for the GPUs up to about 8 hours for the more detailed motherboards and complete builds can take between 18-24 hours total work!

**Update**

I will no longer be accepting requests for graphics cards or motherboard after this post (17/07/2015) as I have filled up all the requests I had initially intended to take. Due to PettyOfficer117/GallowBoob managed to blow up my inbox with his post.

All requests should be completed by July 20th and will be posted here.

Thank you to everyone who made requests and thank you to the ones who have complimented my work and encouraged me along! Just because requests are over does not mean I won't be active! I do commissions if you are desperate to see a card made (see profile for pricing guide) but that will of course cost, I am not abandoning doing work I just managed to grow my presence a little too fast and need a pay gate to slow the requests down!

I will continue the "Community Votes" series and this will continue to run through to late August, remember:

Once again a massive thanks to everyone on LTT for being super supportive, Reddit and Imgur were a little rough (I DO NOT TAKE REQUESTS ON REDDIT OR IMGUR) but I made it out alive! See you around LTT!

**Update**

Deadline has been reached but we have a draw! As such I have taken the two winners and put them on a Strawpoll

I encourage everyone to go vote so we can sort this tie out post haste!

Sapphire 280x Tri-X (to tide you over!)

qmMQI3jh.jpg

Sapphire 280x Tri-X Animated Fans

CnoAqM1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Drool drool drool drool

I want to ask, how do you make the animations? I've made a really rudimentary animation with afteraffects, but honestly, I don't have that much experience. 

I want to ask, how do you make the animations? I've made a really rudimentary animation with afteraffects, but honestly, I don't have that much experience. 

Just basic key framing in After Effects! It's nothing fancy, just getting use to easing in and out key frames so the motion looks natural and fluid, it's just practice!