Fixing coil whine on an LCD monitor?

4ks_

A few weeks ago, I finished with a new build.

In order to save money, I reused some old parts from a previous pre-built computer, which includes the peripherals.

However, I found out that when I launch a game and disable V-sync, my monitor gives coil whine.

While I could just enable V-sync in all my games, there's the problem of input lag, and since I mainly play shooters, it becomes a problem.

I also noticed that in some cases there would still be coil whine even with V-sync enabled, but not nearly as loud.

Is there any possible way of fixing this?

My monitor is an HP w1907 I had for 6-8 years.

"brb gonna go download some RAM"

Put tape over the object. LInus has a video on it but that's for a GPU.

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)     

Try to change the backlight brightness.

I have my brightness at maximum right now, changing it any lower seems to make it worse.

stop trying to fix a dead horse and admit you need a new monitor

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

stop trying to fix a dead horse and admit you need a new monitor

You see, being new to PC building I don't know that it's "dead".

Also, as said in the first post I was on a budget, so I don't exactly have the sort of money to put into a new monitor.

You see, being new to PC building I don't know that it's "dead".

Also, as said in the first post I was on a budget, so I don't exactly have the sort of money to put into a new monitor.

its not dead. but it has a coil whine, and the only way to fix that is to find that capacitor, unsolder it and solder on a new one. so you can either learn to live with the coil whine, orrrrrr start attacking it with a soldering iron.. 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

• 8 years later...
On 7/13/2015 at 11:39 AM, .spider. said:

Try to change the backlight brightness.

Thank you, increasing the blacklight brightness reduced the whine on my monitor