Quick GTA 5 Questions

Bakala

- How do i check which version of the game i have? I got this game on Wednesday i think, the 7 disc version to avoid download times, i assume it automatically gave me the latest?

- The game wasn't already in the NVIDIA control panel like my steam games usually are, i had to add it manually, this should show no problems right?

- Can i add this game to steam? If so, how? Will it appear as if i have the game or as something else?

- Also, when i googled about the recent frame rate drops, i read some people using the terms "cpu bottlenecking" and also suggesting to change the hard drive. How do hard drives influence games? As a novice i had never heard about the hard drives playing a role, they're never even in the system requirements pages other than space requirement.

- Does Geforce experience always optimize things well? Having an i5 4590, GTX 970, and 8GB of ram, i assume this would be good enough for some good performance? When i play the CPU usage sometimes goes to 100 but drops, it fluctuates, and memory usage doesnt go above 6000 or so mb's. 

1. There should something in the pause menu that says the game version. It will install the version on the disk. It should then update to the latest version when you launch it.

2. Shouldn't be any problems

3. You can add a shortcut in Steam that launches the game, but you won't get the achievements, screenshot library and other things that you get with Steam games. There's a button in the library section of Steam. It should say something like "Add a game to library"

4. Hard Drives influence load times, not in game performance. 

EDIT: Here's a video for adding the game to Steam

You don't have the latest. When you start the game it says the version in the bottom right corner.

No problems adding it manually to Nvidia controlpanel

As a non steam game, yes. Otherwise no.

Hard drives are much slower than SSDs and will cause longer loading times and possibly texture pop-in

I would use Geforce Experience to get baseline settings, then change them how you like.

Edit~ you can see your game version in multiple locations: 

http://i.imgur.com/gvYbhZw.png The first string of numbers (393.2) is the game's build version, the second (1.0.6.1) Is the GTAV Launcher version

http://i.imgur.com/DQpdiIj.png The first number (393.2) is the game's build version. The second number (1.28) Is the GTA Online version.

http://i.imgur.com/eigqWtO.png You can only get to this setting by being in GTA Online only!

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

- How do i check which version of the game i have? I got this game on Wednesday i think, the 7 disc version to avoid download times, i assume it automatically gave me the latest?

- The game wasn't already in the NVIDIA control panel like my steam games usually are, i had to add it manually, this should show no problems right?

- Can i add this game to steam? If so, how? Will it appear as if i have the game or as something else?

- Also, when i googled about the recent frame rate drops, i read some people using the terms "cpu bottlenecking" and also suggesting to change the hard drive. How do hard drives influence games? As a novice i had never heard about the hard drives playing a role, they're never even in the system requirements pages other than space requirement.

- Does Geforce experience always optimize things well? Having an i5 4590, GTX 970, and 8GB of ram, i assume this would be good enough for some good performance? When i play the CPU usage sometimes goes to 100 but drops, it fluctuates, and memory usage doesnt go above 6000 or so mb's. 

1. you should have the latest

2. Thats OK

3.yes Games>Add a non-steam game to my library

4.You get more pop-in with slower the drive you put it on,also longer loading times

5. Its always better to tweak settings at your own, it does a great job (example.you might prefer higher AA than longer render distance )

and 100% usage is fine

and its using 6GB of ram , dont worry about that should use more that 8

correct me if im wrong

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)