Project "Legendary Cobra"

Tock

Welcome to my Project Topic!

When you read the title you probably thought it must be a really beastly build. But nope it is "just" a pretty good workstation im working on next! At the moment im at the ordering phase so this will be a bit "boring" at the moment but i will upload some pictures of the building process and the finished build. Maybe you will ask why i gave her the name "Legendary Cobra"? Thats because i love the Sniper Rifle "Cobra" in Borderlands 2 and it will be a Orange themed PC. Anyway here is the list of parts im ordering:

Components:

1) Case: Bitfenix Prodigy - Orange Edition

2) PSU: Corsair AX 760W

3) Mainboard: Asrock Z77e-ITX

4) CPU: Intel i7 - 3770k

5) Fans: 1 Cougar 140mm

6) CPU Cooler: Corsair H90

7) GPU: AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 Vapor-X

8) SSD: Intel X25-M 80 GB

9) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz

Peripherals:

1) Keyboard: QPad MK-80 Pro - MX Brown Switches

2) Mouse: Corsair M60

3) Monitor: Acer H233H

I ordered the case and the keyboard yesterday and they should arrive tomorrow (the MK-80 is my first mechanical keyboard :D). The CPU, Mainboard, PSU and the Fan should come in the end of this month. The SSD and GPU are already in my old case and i cant really get rid of them :D. But someday i will need to buy a new SSD with 256 GB of storage...

Anyway what do you guys think about this Build? Should i make me a custom Sidepanel with "Legendary Cobra" on it?

• 3 weeks later...

Bumb^^

After 19 Days i finally have the Built running (got the last Components on Saturday) the built is done for now but next month i need to do some "extreme" changes.

First the Corsair PSU doesnt fit into the Prodigy PSU cage due to the fully modular cables so i will need to make the holes for the cables bigger to fit the PSU into the Cage.

Secondly i had a "small" problem with the H90 and my Asrock Z77e-ITX motherboard. It took me 1 hour to see why i wasnt able to put the backplate on and then i realised that the Mini PCIe port at the back is the problem so i made a small cut and then i was able to put the Backplate on:

20130223_161043.jpg

The next Problem was that i wasnt able to put the H90 at the back of the case (there wasnt enough room due to the ends of the Radiator) so i was forced to put it in the front of the case.

The next thing what i plan to do is getting Acryl glass next month and make it as my new Sidepanels on both sides and buying a new frontplate.