Windows 7 home premium vs ultimate - gaming

Is there a difference between those two while talking about gaming?

For gaming no

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Home Premium might be better for intergraded GPU's. Otherwise no.

Unless you need more than 16GB of RAM, no.

what?premium can only use 16GB?i was planning to upgrade to 32GB

what?premium can only use 16GB?i was planning to upgrade to 32GB

Yep

Interested in Business and Technology

If you're ever going to run older games, Windows XP mode in Ultimate will make it much easier.

Made running my older games much less of a hassle.

Ultimate is just a waste of money, unless you are some professional guy.

Yeah...money...about that...

oh man..I thought 64bit supports unlimited amount of ram.16GB is barely enough for me.

Well, you don't necessarily have to BUY Ultimate...

Who even pays for windows anymore?

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Well, you don't necessarily have to BUY Ultimate...

I used to be like you. Then I actually bought a Windows 7 w/SP1 OEM disk for $99. It has practically unlimited installs as long as you phone in, and you never have to worry about not having a legit copy of windows.

You're already paying for a multi-hundred dollar gaming PC, might as well add an OS for another $100. Think of it as an investment.

I used to be like you. Then I actually bought a Windows 7 w/SP1 OEM disk for $99. It has practically unlimited installs as long as you phone in, and you never have to worry about not having a legit copy of windows.

You're already paying for a multi-hundred dollar gaming PC, might as well add an OS for another $100. Think of it as an investment.

I also have unlimited installs any time I want (USB pen boot drive) without any mucking around, its just installs with no funny business with phone calls or anything.

And why would you worry about having a truly legit copy of windows? my copy is exactly the same as yours and for all intents and purposes, legit as far as the software is concerned.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

i once had to reinstall my windows several times over a few days because of a faulty hdd. you do need to phone in to microsoft to let them know you're installing on the same pc(or the same motherboard to be specific) as the cd key is tied to it.

For home use, just the Home Premium edition, if you plan on using more than 16GB of RAM, get the Professional edition. The different editions of Windows just enable/disable some minor features which we rarely use (Well most of us at least) There is no performance benefits between the different editions of Windows.

Also, just throwing this out there...Windows 8 performs better than Windows 7 (But no by that much)

No gaming difference. Higher editions of Windows is just more features that will be installed. Performance is the same. And these added features are never related to increase in performance in any shape or form.