Wait for the R9 fury air cooled or get a gtx 980?

sebRR

I am building my new pc next week sometime and I've heard that the R9 fury will cost around the same as a 980. should I wait for the R9 fury or just get a 980?

Thanks.

Intel i7 4790k, Gigabyte GTX 980 G1, Kingston Hyper X fury 16GB, MSI Z97S SLI Krait, Cooler Master Hyper 212x, NZXT Noctis 450, Samsung 850 EVO 128GB + WD caviar blue 1TB, EVGA 750W G2. 

JUST WAIT!

We might expect a price drop (not really).

It comes out tomorrow. Wait 

If it comes out tomorrow then I'm definitely gona wait.

Intel i7 4790k, Gigabyte GTX 980 G1, Kingston Hyper X fury 16GB, MSI Z97S SLI Krait, Cooler Master Hyper 212x, NZXT Noctis 450, Samsung 850 EVO 128GB + WD caviar blue 1TB, EVGA 750W G2. 

its 550 vs 500$ i would recommend the gtx 980 it will outperform the fury with less power and you can save more money on your build and also no driver issues.

LIVE FREE, SKATE FREE OR DIE....I PROMISE NOT TO BUY AMD PRODUCTS I WILL NOT BUY AMD PRODUCTS .

Just wait... Who knows, the 980 might get another price drop. (fingers crossed)

CPU = i5-4690k | Motherboard = MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM = G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB | GPU = EVGA GTX 980 TI

Are those comparable? A 980 is very expensive for something that performs like an overclocked 970 or 290X. I'm intrigued as to where the Fury is going to sit, given the Fury X is only about halfway between the 980 and the 980 Ti. It might be just slightly under clocked and with an air cooler, that'd be most logical.

its 550 vs 500$ i would recommend the gtx 980 it will outperform the fury with less power and you can save more money on your build and also no driver issues.

That would make it less powerful than the 390X, which I can't see happening.

Are those comparable? A 980 is very expensive for something that performs like an overclocked 970 or 290X. I'm intrigued as to where the Fury is going to sit, given the Fury X is only about halfway between the 980 and the 980 Ti. It might be just slightly under clocked and with an air cooler, that'd be most logical.

That would make it less powerful than the 390X, which I can't see happening.

i can see it happen it's amd who are we kidding anyway we knew the outcome of the fury x look what happen there.

LIVE FREE, SKATE FREE OR DIE....I PROMISE NOT TO BUY AMD PRODUCTS I WILL NOT BUY AMD PRODUCTS .

i can see it happen it's amd who are we kidding anyway we knew the outcome of the fury x look what happen there.

Well their benchmarks seemed to have been pulled completely out of their arses, but as a GPU it's OK. It's a shame that it's the same price as a 980 Ti for something that's only almost as good, but still.

I think the AIO should have been left to board partners like the EVGA 980 Ti and not been the only cooler available, but eh.

Wait for the Fury. It comes out the 14th. See the reviews/benchmarks then compare with the 980. I was going to get a Titan X but I held my horses a week longer for 980 Ti benchies and I saved $350 for practically a Titan X. Best decision I made.

Patience grasshopper.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Hey how was chrome working for you last month.

its working fine for me i play games and if i need to reply to this forum i have tapatalk lol  so chrome isn't a issue for me.

Wait for the Fury. It comes out the 14th. See the reviews/benchmarks then compare with the 980. I was going to get a Titan X but I held my horses a week longer for 980 Ti benchies and I saved $350 for practically a Titan X. Best decision I made.

Patience grasshopper.

not me i needed a vram and 980 ti isn't enough for 3 dell 4k monitors and one 39 inch 4k tv i have twio titan x's now .if you overclock the the titanx x with a better cooler it will walk way with ease.

Im not asking how chrome is now im asking how it was in early june

i know what you meant and i said it was fine i didn't have any issues with it.

not me i needed a vram and 980 ti isn't enough for 3 dell 4k monitors and one 39 inch 4k tv i have twio titan x's now .if you overclock the the titanx x with a better cooler it will walk way with ease.

Clock for clock it will be the same it is now. 3-5%.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Hows that SLI scaling on team green, because Red does it better with CF.

its great, hows the crossfire working for yah most games that don't work on it low fps remember the r9 295x2 lol

JUST WAIT!

We might expect a price drop (not really).

I'm confused by the words "might expect". Don't you either expect it to happen or not expect it to happen?

Oh if you wait patiently for a week it destroys the scaling of SLI.

Oh if you buy amd it destroys itself see amd is close to bankruptcy.

Oh if you buy amd it destroys itself see amd is close to bankruptcy.

Oh i made another funny lol.

Ha if AMD ever goes bankrupt nvidia will tear itself apart.

No we will all bleed green at the end unless samsung comes joins the party.