Need tablet or small laptop for school.

MxRider9637

hello everyone i need either a tablet or a small laptop for school it must run microsoft operating system. This will be strictly for school nothing else. what do you guys think is best to buy for this situation. im not going to put a budget because if i really have to spend the money i will. it is mandatory so.

take a look at HP stream 13 or 14 they are running X86 windows.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

A tablet for school... meeh. Tablets are mostly for consuming, not creating content (which schools are all about, supposedly). Are you going to write programs on it?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I've got a little dell venue 8 pro running windows 8.1 w/ a bluetooth keyboard that I'm considering selling for like $125. (Also comes with a case with a screen cover that doubles as a stand)

The screen on it is great, near perfect condition, I just don't have much use for it and would rather get a proper laptop.

Something around the range of 12-14" would probs be a better option though.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

A tablet for school... meeh. Tablets are mostly for consuming, not creating content (which schools are all about, supposedly). Are you going to write programs on it?

not really sure just yet but yeah most likely.

Macbook Air 13"/11"

with Parallels or Bootcamp and you are much better off than with one of those windows bricks.  :P 

OSX is just so much more fluently and better to use on notebooks with all those handy dandy gestures.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Macbook Air 13"/11"

with Parallels or Bootcamp and you are much better off than with one of those windows bricks.  :P

OSX is just so much more fluently and better to use on notebooks with all those handy dandy gestures.

school requirements says it must run microsoft operating system.

what do you recommend?

school requirements says it must run microsoft operating system.

As I said, you could use Prallels to run Windows alongside OSX or Bootcamp to make Windows run on it's own. It's pretty easy to do.

Also you get an excellent battery life, a great trackpad and keyboard and one of the lightest, but still made out of aluminum notebooks. I guess the fanboy just came throuigh a bit. Sorry for that. Kind of.

Or does your school require you to get a stock Windows notebook?

In this case Lenovo has some interesting small and light ultrabooks like the U330.

If you need a little more power than that a you could look into the Lenovo Y50-70, but be sure to get one with an IPS panel, because the TN panel ones are total garbage.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

As I said, you could use Prallels to run Windows alongside OSX or Bootcamp to make Windows run on it's own. It's pretty easy to do.

Also you get an excellent battery life, a great trackpad and keyboard and one of the lightest, but still made out of aluminum notebooks. I guess the fanboy just came throuigh a bit. Sorry for that. Kind of.

Or does your school require you to get a stock Windows notebook?

In this case Lenovo has some interesting small and light ultrabooks like the U330.

If you need a little more power than that a you could look into the Lenovo Y50-70, but be sure to get one with an IPS panel, because the TN panel ones are total garbage.

hmmmmmm. if i got a macbook it would probably have to run windows all by itself

then again if i can make a macbook run windows would it be worth going with the macbook? this laptop has to last 4 years minimum.

then again if i can make a macbook run windows would it be worth going with the macbook? this laptop has to last 4 years minimum.

I guess you have to answer that question yourself.

In terms of lifespan MacBooks are one of the greatest notebooks you can get. Year after year OS X improves and gets less power hungry, which means that you will be able to install newer versions for at least the next 5+ years.

On the other hand, if you are going to use Windows exclusively, maybe a Windows specific notebook would be a better fit for you, since you can't really use those extra OS X features in Windows. There are some drivers that try to implement those things into Microsoft's OS, but most of them are bugged out and don't even change a lot in the first place.

In terms of lifespan MacBooks are one of the greatest notebooks you can get. Year after year OS X improves and gets less power hungry, which means that you will be able to install newer versions for at least the next 5+ years.

On the other hand, if you are going to use Windows exclusively, maybe a Windows specific notebook would be a better fit for you, since you can't really use those extra OS X features in Windows. There are some drivers that try to implement those things into Microsoft's OS, but most of them are bugged out and don't even change a lot in the first place.

good point. ill check out the laptops you listed above.

If you need a little more power than that a you could look into the Lenovo Y50-70

i really like the y50 but i feel like thats more towards gaming than rather work.. i have my own gaming rig so i find its not needed. the U430 doesnt look bad.

this is probably a dumb question but if i get a mac can i uninstall the os and download windows?

this is probably a dumb question but if i get a mac can i uninstall the os and download windows?

You could use bootcamp to install windows and delete the main OSX partition afterwards. In theory it should work, but I've never really tried to do it myself.

If you don't need the extra disk space I'd recommend you to leave OS X on there, since it's pretty pleasant to use.